MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Firewire Solo Problem, recordings only appear in one speaker
lowfly
posté jeu. 27 janv. 2005, 19:01
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 05
Membre no 59,322

Hi,
I am new to garageband, and don't have much expertise. I am using the m-audio firewire solo interface with Garageband2 on an ibook with mac osx10.3.7 (or whatever the latest one is). I am monitoring sound with headphones in the jack on the interface. My problem is, I can only get sound on the left headphone. In the GB preferences I have selected the firewire solo as the audio in and the audio out. On the track details I have selected channels 1 and 2 (stereo)--I am recoding with a condensor mic. I have tried fidling around with the settings on the mixer in the m-audio firewire control panel window but can't get sound out of anything other than the left side. What am I doing wrong? I am sure I am making some simple rookie mistake. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Thank you,
--Lowfly
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wogel
posté mar. 13 sept. 2005, 15:41
Message #2

Inscrit : 13 sept. 05
Lieu : LINKÖPING - SE
Membre no 69,953

Please help!

I've recently bought M-audio's Firewire SOLO and when recording through the balanced guitarr input with a mono cable (using Garageband on a 15" PB) the software only register and record "sound" on one channel, I can only hear what I've recorded through one speaker.

Basically, I would like the mono signal to "sound" and be recorded as a stereo signal. I'm guessing this is a soundcard issue and I think I need to route the input signal in some way in order to make this happen. Does anyone know how this is done. Would be very happy for some input on this issue. The manual provided by m-audio doesn't help at all.....crap.

Cheers

/wogel

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mer. 14 sept. 2005, 14:42
Message #3

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I'm not shure where your problem is, but here are some pointers.
When creating a new track (audio) be shure to choose stereo at that time. If you have already done so and have the problem, you will need to choose mono. This will put the audio signal (originally mono) across left to right equally. Also check your prefs for the software that came with the Solo.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Bluemover9999
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 08:04
Message #4

Inscrit : 09 sept. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 69,782

What you need to do is go into you Firewire Solo Prefrences and make sure that 'Output 1-2' is selected on both channels. This should give you both L + R....I had the same problem on my 'solo'

--------------------
imac G5 / Logic Pro 7.1.1 / Presonus Firepod/Line 6 POD 2.0/Roland GR-300/

+Quote Post
wogel
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 08:45
Message #5

Membre no 69,953

cool....I'll see if I can find that selection criteria, can't remember that I've seen it before. Hopefully it'll work.

Thanx a bunch

//wogel

+Quote Post
wogel
posté lun. 19 sept. 2005, 10:04
Message #6

Membre no 69,953

QUOTE (Bluemover9999 @ Sep 15 2005, 07:04)
What you need to do is go into you Firewire Solo Prefrences and make sure that 'Output 1-2' is selected on both channels. This should give you both L + R....I had the same problem on my 'solo'

Ok, so far I haven't found "Output 1-2". Bluemover, do you think you can give me more details on where to find this stuff. I guess you're talking about theFirewire Solo control panel and not the software like GB or Logic? I would be really super greatful, frustrated now.....why can't they make soundcards that works from start?

//wogel

+Quote Post
Bluemover9999
posté lun. 19 sept. 2005, 20:05
Message #7

Inscrit : 09 sept. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 69,782

OK,

Go into your M-Audio Firewire Control panel and make sure the hardware tab is selected. You will see 4 faders, make sure Out 1-2 is selected on all of them.

Go into Audio Midi set up (applications/utilities) and make sure Firewire Solo is selected for all output and input.

If this doen't change anything try reinstalling the driver for 'Solo'

Unfortunately I'm a Logic user so I'mm really sure abot Garageband preferences, but see if any of the above works and let me know

--------------------
imac G5 / Logic Pro 7.1.1 / Presonus Firepod/Line 6 POD 2.0/Roland GR-300/

+Quote Post
Patri
posté dim. 9 oct. 2005, 20:42
Message #8

Inscrit : 09 oct. 05
Lieu : Arlington - US
Membre no 71,076

I am experiencing this same problem Did you ever get a reply? For me, I can get guitar on one headphone (or speaker) and vocals on the other headphone (or speaker).

Also, my software is missing the "output" tab, is yours?

+Quote Post
Patri
posté dim. 9 oct. 2005, 20:48
Message #9

Inscrit : 09 oct. 05
Lieu : Arlington - US
Membre no 71,076

Did this problem get resolved? I am having the same problems. I can only get audio from one earphone or the other... The vocals on one and the guitar on the other. Would be nice to just have both guitar and vocals balanced on both ears.

Also, the software i downloaded does not have the "output" tab that others mentioned. I only have "mixer", "Hardware" and "about".

I don't have 4 Pan knobs in my hardware Tab either.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 10 oct. 2005, 02:15
Message #10

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Last Panther to date is 10.3.9 if you did all updates, there are also 2 security updates on top of this at least (from memory).

I have some recollection wich tells me that it's normal such mono left monitoring on mono source direct thru the interface. Some other M-audio hardware did it too before. wink.gif

As it's a recollection, it's not in marble, any other input someone? huh.gif

BTW i've merged both threads wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 12 juin 2024, 17:20
- © MacMusic 1997-2008