MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Target Disk Mode Compatibility?, Which firewire lead is ok?
Jaysee
posté ven. 14 janv. 2005, 02:24
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 janv. 04
Lieu : Blackpool - UK
Membre no 34,025

Hi, I've just found out about this 'target disk' trick; ie using firewire to connect two macs... when you start up computer #1 with the letter T held down, its HD icon magically appears on computer #2's desktop, hey presto! I never had much luck fiddling around with aethernet, so this sounds a lot more straight forward.
I saw the lead in question advertised on apple store UK site, hiding in a group of ads for other firewire leads of various kinds (white skinny ones)which are presumably unsuitable for the job I mentioned.
Also is this possible using a G5 to G3? Both have firewire ports but I'm unsure what to order,
I dont want yet another bit of wire around which I'll never use[SIZE=7]
thanks, J.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ourmanflinty
posté ven. 14 janv. 2005, 16:09
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 août 04
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 48,982

If your G3 goes into target mode then it'll work, otherwise go into target mode on the g5 and moiunt it on the g3...So yes, it'll work fine. It's a great trick and never failsto impress...!!
As for leads, what's the problem, firewire is firewire is firewire, just make sure you get ANY lead with the correct connector type for your machines ( go for a 6 pin 400 to 6 pin 400 and you can't go wrong ), don't worry if it's skinny and white or curly and black or pink and kinky or yellow and small.

blink.gif

--------------------
Simon Flinn
Install & Support Eng, Maintenance, Analog & Digi Electronics
Dist/Dlr background, Fast & Friendly, London & SE Based.
freelance studio support click here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 6 oct. 2024, 12:10
- © 440 Forums 2011