MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Midi Playback Problems, complex PC MIDI won't play on MAC
posté mar. 24 mai 2005, 01:24
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Hello and I hope I'm in the right forum for this one.
I've got a lot of semi-pro MIDI produced on PCs using Turtle Beach sound cards and QSE, Cakewalk and other sequencers. The more complex ones (with a lot of events and controls) always bog down and stop when I play them back on my eMac G4, 1 gig memory using the internal QuickTime synthesizer. Doesn't matter which software program I use to play the MIDI, I suppose it all uses the internal synth. What is the solution here? I want to be able to play and edit these MIDIs on the Mac. Thanks and regards!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 26 mai 2005, 21:10
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

If you want details, I think a tour on the ADC (Apple developer conference site, go apple.com) would help, as as far as I know, you're using this way only software in OS X. The QuickTime synth is a GM bank courte$y wink.gif of Roland.

I think the problem is not the track number (16 is not a lot), it's you asking a lot from software only AND sample reading on the hard drive on an entry level computer. Remember the OS uses the drive too for the swap at the same time on the eMac which is not with a faster than fast HD. That's the only reasonable thing I can think of.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 9 mai 2024, 18:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008