MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> This Is A Confusing Time To Buy A Mac..., this is a confusing time to buy a mac...
seoul_revolution
posté mar. 28 mars 2006, 06:34
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 mars 06
Lieu : Seoul - KR
Membre no 78,693

Or is it just me?

I'm a musician who has been planning for a while to buy a mac, but the whole Intel switch thing has me really confused. I joined this site hoping someone could give me some guidance.

I had been planning to spend big $ on a dual G5, but now I'm not so sure ... as I guess all the software is going to be moving to Intel eventually, or will run faster on the Intel macs... So now what I'm thinking is ... buy the Mac mini Intel core duo and max out the RAM at 2 gigs, add the Lacie or some other external drive for storage. Total price would come to $1300 or so.

What I'm looking to do is digital audio recording, with midi. The ability to sample and use virtual instruments would also be nice. Would I be able to do that with this setup?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer their thoughts.

best
Ian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 18 avril 2006, 01:27
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

The supported platforms are always (with a little delay) on Digidesign compato page

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 22:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008