MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beat-mapping Tracks With Logic Express
O.Twist
posté jeu. 2 avril 2009, 09:35
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 avril 09
Lieu : CH
Membre no 107,612

Hi,

I'm a newbie in the mac world. I just switched from PC. When I was using PC, I was using ACID PRO, for several manipulations. Now I'm looking for a program for the mac that can bring me the same abilities.

There's one particular option that is very important for me, it's the beat-mapping. I was using ACID to mix some electro tracks together, and it was very simple to do with this program. You just have to set the bpm of your project, for example at 130 bpm. Then add tracks to the project, and ACID offers the possibility to beat-mapp the tracks easily. Then, let's say I had a track that's 132 bpm, ACID slows it down to 130. Like this I can mix the tracks together, and with a fade in/out, my mixes are perfect. Sorry for the english, I'm from Switzerland, I hope it's understandable... here's a screenshot I took from ACID when I was doing a mix, it can maybe help you understand what I mean:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/18/658524/screenshot.jpg

Well, now that I explained what I'm looking for, my question is :

Is it possible to do that with Logic Express 8, and if yes, is it easy to do? If not, could you advice me other programs that could be good for me?

Thank you for your time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pjhk
posté jeu. 2 avril 2009, 16:19
Message #2

Inscrit : 26 août 06
Membre no 82,653

QUOTE (O.Twist @ Thu 2 Apr 2009, 10:35) *
Hi,

I'm a newbie in the mac world. I just switched from PC.

Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you were a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into windows, born inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind. (long pause, sighs) Unfortunately, no one can be told what using a computer that does not constantly interfere and waste your time, is like. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

Neo: (cough) ..So, I guess beatmapping does'nt happen here?
Morpheus: Oh yes it does, it however involves converting audio files into 'elastic' audio that can follow your logic project's tempo. I know it's possible from a magazine article I glanced at, but as I don't use those techniques I did'nt read it. You can wait for a better answer here or head straight over to the logic forums on www.sonikmatter.com. There are some very knowledged people in that crowd.

good luck

edit: de-morpheusing for a while. I realize I was a bit Logic-centric. I'm positive Logic (studio) does it, likely express too, but there are lots of other programs that do high-quality timestretch. If you're into dj'ing have a look at Native Instruments Tractor. Ableton Live is also a good candidate and depending on your needs might be an alternative to Logic altogether.

Allright, run with it! ;o)

Ce message a été modifié par pjhk - jeu. 2 avril 2009, 16:28.

+Quote Post
O.Twist
posté jeu. 2 avril 2009, 21:01
Message #3

Membre no 107,612

Ok, thank you for your answer!

+Quote Post
Shambo
posté mer. 8 avril 2009, 20:32
Message #4

Inscrit : 17 mars 09
Lieu : Utrecht - NL
Membre no 107,255

The equivalent of Beat tracking is done in Logic by using the Apple Loops Utility.
This converts any Wav-or Aiff-file to an Apple Loop which is more or less the same as an Acidized Loop.

However I am not sure if this function is part of Logic Express, my only experience is with Logic Pro

Or you could go "old school' and use Propellorheads ReCycle

+Quote Post
O.Twist
posté jeu. 9 avril 2009, 16:20
Message #5

Membre no 107,612

well actually i bought logic express and i found the functions i was looking for. to change the file to another bpm, i calculate the tempo, then go to time machine, enter the original tempo and the tempo i want it to be modified to, and it works perfectly. it's a bit longer than acid, but not much.

thanks for your answers anyway.

+Quote Post
artofmixing
posté mer. 22 avril 2009, 15:43
Message #6

Inscrit : 31 mars 09
Membre no 107,571

Hi

I use logic pro 8 and there is a beat mapping technique whereby you can create a tempo map to match an audio file of unknown bpm with the beat counter insert and the beat mapping feature in the global track parameters; I have put up a video to illustrate how to use it at:

http://musicproducerxxx.com/play.php?vid=288

From what i've researched on the web, logic express 8 comes with graphic beat mapping capabilities to let you set a tempo map from existing audio but you will have to check by contacting the manufacturer/retail outlet.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
emgcarra
posté jeu. 23 avril 2009, 14:51
Message #7

Inscrit : 14 mai 05
Lieu : Caracas - VE
Membre no 65,694

QUOTE (artofmixing @ Wed 22 Apr 2009, 14:43) *
Hi

I use logic pro 8 and there is a beat mapping technique whereby you can create a tempo map to match an audio file of unknown bpm with the beat counter insert and the beat mapping feature in the global track parameters; I have put up a video to illustrate how to use it at:

http://musicproducerxxx.com/play.php?vid=288

From what i've researched on the web, logic express 8 comes with graphic beat mapping capabilities to let you set a tempo map from existing audio but you will have to check by contacting the manufacturer/retail outlet.

Hope this helps.

THANKS.....I guess this is one of the best I have ever watched...Simple and clean helping video...!! cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 08:55
- © MacMusic 1997-2008