MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Can I Do With My Ibook?
banana co
posté mer. 29 sept. 2004, 22:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 29 sept. 04
Lieu : Palestrina - IT
Membre no 52,115

hello everybody! i have just recently bought my first mac, an iBook G4 12" with 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz processor, OS X 10.3 and 30 GB of memory. i used to record very happily with cakewalk on my PC. garageband seems a bit "gimmicky", if you know what i mean. logic express looks good, but i just wanted to make sure my ibook can cope with it. is the sound card good enough? will the program run smoothly enough, or will it be so slow and painful i would only get annoyed and end up smashing the ibook on the floor?

i am not very ambitious, i basically only want to record real instruments and voices and play around a bit with them and cut them up and stuff like i did with cakewalk. i'm not bothered with midi or anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté jeu. 30 sept. 2004, 13:41
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

Your iBook should work just fine for you,, you might want to put more ram in it, if it is not already maxed out. OSX uses a ton of ram. I agree with the gimmicky comment directed towards GB, but it does have its uses (even though it is a CPU hog).
Logic should run smoothly on the iBook. You may also want to check out Metro 6. Metro 5 was handled by Cakewalk, then handed back to Sagan. It's about as close to a Cakewalk feeling program as you are going to find. Try out the demo's.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 10 oct. 2024, 00:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008