MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LATENCY ON IMAC DV 400MHZ!, Well... i'm Natalie, and i can't get the right sound!
injektilo
posté sam. 23 févr. 2002, 20:35
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 janv. 02
Membre no 3,099

Hi there!

This is my problem: I'm newbie in audio recording on my iMac DV G3 400 MHZ... i just started to make some tracks using the built-in interface on my iMac with Cakewalk Metro PPC... when i record using the built-in microphone i get a decent sound... but when i plug my guitar i have a problem of delay... what i play is returned to me after a few miliseconds.. so i'm not able to record as i wish... i read somewhere that this problem is called LATENCY and that this must be fixed with an appropiate audio interface... i'm going to get the TASCAM US-224or 428, but i want to familiarize with the software before that.. can i fix this problem of LATENCY before i get the Tascam?

Thanks

Natalie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abbie
posté mar. 26 févr. 2002, 05:38
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 01
Lieu : Orleans - CA
Membre no 322

I believe that most of the latency comes from monitoring whatever you are recording through the computer. To get around this you could use an external mixer to monitor both what you have already recorded plus what you are currently recording. I mention this only because it might be a lot cheaper alternative.

--------------------
Abbie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 18 mai 2024, 04:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008