MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 828 & Firewire, My powerbook doesn't recognize the unit!
texastbone
posté lun. 10 oct. 2005, 23:55
Message #21

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 06 sept. 05
Lieu : Beaumont - US
Membre no 69,626

i thought repair permissions was a good idea as I had not tried that. No luck. The unit is a piece of junk. I am NOT sold on MOTu and will steer away from the company in the future. Their customer support is the worst I've seen in my 58 years...

Sad... 828 showed great promise. It's a shame MOTU doesn't.

--WD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 11 oct. 2005, 01:41
Message #22

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

There's been a deadbeat serie in the 828 with problems, but MOTU has always repaired/exchange the faulty rack. Now they are certainly not the fastest customer support nor the most communicative but their interfaces are of the best stuff you can buy in the middle to pro range.

OOPS i said something positive about MOTU… blink.gif laugh.gif

Ah, and the Windows drivers usually s…k big time. But we don't care wink.gif

Now, simply, have you trashed the 828 preferences (someone had a strange problem on the French side and it did the trick on a 896)?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
DANO10
posté mar. 11 oct. 2005, 14:34
Message #23

Inscrit : 02 août 02
Lieu : BURBANK - US
Membre no 6,512

Another trick you might try is to reset your 828mkII to factory defaults. This has worked for me several times on my 828mkII.

DANO10 rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
datch
posté dim. 6 nov. 2005, 22:01
Message #24

Inscrit : 24 janv. 03
Lieu : Brussels - BE
Membre no 11,082

hello,
just a hint; i encountered similar problems with my MOTU 828 today and i installed the new drivers (under Tiger 10.4.3) 1.2.5; i first selected the custom install since i do not have the traveller > didn't work; i uninstalled everything and started again with the standard installation and now everything works well. maybe this can help.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mar. 8 nov. 2005, 14:14
Message #25

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

You know there is a lesson here.. Buyer beware! And I don't nesseceraly mean the brand either. Buying used gear is always a crap shoot. It's always best to save more money for a new product, tha to lose alot of time over a used one... an incoplete one at that.

BTW My 828mkii works flawlessly (except when it comes to user error, then.. head ache time!) unsure.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
nokin
posté mar. 15 nov. 2005, 02:11
Message #26

Inscrit : 15 juin 04
Membre no 45,153

Just an update on my last post. I have been sitting on my 828 and have not yet sent it in to MOTU to get repaired.

I wanted to check it out on another computer first. I tried it out the other day on my friend's PC. We installed the drivers and plugged the unit in and it worked flawlessly.

So, wtf?

Apparently it's NOT a problem with the 828 and I know it's not a problem with my mac.

I don't know anymore.

I might just get an mbox and be done with it.

+Quote Post
experimentaldog
posté ven. 9 juin 2006, 21:37
Message #27

Inscrit : 09 juin 06
Membre no 80,453

This may be a little old, but this is what I had to go through.

Got a brand new 828 mk1 a few years ago. One day it stopped being recognized by every machine. Sent it back to Motu. They returned it. Then, for a few days it worked until it did the same. I got a mk11 since then, but I still wanted my mk1 to work. I tried daisy chaning it to the mk11 and it worked. but now it has stopped again. It must be the drivers.

ugh!!

I hope someone solves this

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 21 juin 2006, 00:28
Message #28

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

More likely it's something inside which behaves erratically… And not all units are concerned so for the mk1 it's a bit of a heartbreak. sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
shirzadsharif
posté jeu. 9 nov. 2006, 08:23
Message #29

Inscrit : 09 nov. 06
Lieu : San Francisco - US
Membre no 85,101

Try un-installing it using the installer application by selecting the install type to uninstall and then re-install it if that doesnt fix it go to www.macupdate.com and look for the motu firewire and it should give you motu firewire update 1.4.1, this fixed it for me which was weird since it looked like the same regular 1.2.5 installer but something in it fixed the problem.

QUOTE (keem @ Thu 30 Jun 2005, 16:12) *
hi, i'd really like a followup on this. what happened when you sent it off? i have just experienced the same exact symptoms, except my tibook has killed TWO 828's this week alone! i KNOW its not the firewire port... my personal guess is that their new driver f'd up the firmware, and for all intents and purposes my life, as i have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO RECORD ANYTHING NOW, save the lovely line in on the back of the powerbook... please, anyone with an original 828, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS DRIVER. DO NOT GO TO TIGER. YOU WILL DIE.
*absolutely f'n out for blood*
-kimsystem

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 19 oct. 2024, 16:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008