MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Korg Microkontrol Controller
peterpen
posté ven. 7 mai 2004, 16:11
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 janv. 04
Lieu : Petaluma - US
Membre no 33,305

I'm getting started making some tracks and am looking for a controller. The MicroKontrol looks sweet and seems to have decent reviews - was wondering if anyone on here had experience w/it? Is there a loop or hold function for those 16 pads similiar to what is possible on a MPC?
At the moment, I am only using Garageband, but will be getting Reason 2.5 and an MBox w/ProTools LE shortly. I don't really want to get some rinky-dink controller like the Oxygen which seems like I'd outgrow it rather quickly.
thanks in advance - other suggestions for sub-$400 controllers would be welcome!
-Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
vittles
posté jeu. 20 mai 2004, 13:53
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 févr. 04
Lieu : Bkln - US
Membre no 36,887

here is my limited experience..
this is my first keyborad, or controller so a grain of salt may be needed...
I didn't know anything except i wanted to play around and make some music/noise. I got the nicroKontroller because i liked that it seemed to have a lot of options for a decent price. I've been playing around with it using reason 2.5 and the korg presets, (just got tracktion too, but haven't investigated much) and so far it has done nearly everything i want it too. It's true the keys are small & the 'mpc' pads are also not as sensitive as real ones, or so I hear, but that doesn't matter to me much when i am pounding on them recklessly.
I know before purchasing things it is best to do a lot of research and check things out at the stores and figure out what you want to do exactly w/what you buy & I did a little of this, but got impatient because i just wanted to make things. Not the best argument, and not a comprehensive review I know, but for a beginner like me it has been a fun tool that I will look back on happily after I've outgrown it. And it doesn't feel cheaply made like the oxygen et al.
good luck
rock.
c
<www.cwht.net>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 10:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008