MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Mac Music Downloading?
better
posté dim. 13 janv. 2008, 12:16
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Banned
Inscrit : 03 déc. 07
Membre no 96,928

What is the best recommended place to download music for mac? itunes is just too expensive even though it will be so convienent I just can't pay it. Is there anything better than Limewire? Is there anything that has a flat monthly rate or anything? This is so annoying.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
jimdubpram
posté mer. 16 janv. 2008, 00:07
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 nov. 04
Lieu : Carmarthen. - UK
Membre no 55,837

Well I knew that would get y'all going.

So when your mate got the new Led Zep album and you had a spare C90 in your cassette player you sure as hell(or heaven) didn't go round and record it from his record player?

For cassette player read computer
For record player read internet.

This is global consciousness breaking out. Everything miniaturizes, everything becomes more sophisticated. All knowledge becomes available. Music being one of the major creative forces of the universe is the leading edge of the future wave. It can be muffled up behind your cash register, but hey now what's that sound, everybody wants what's going round. And everybody can now knock up a tune on their DAW. The cat is out of the bag folks. Instead of having to contort your body to make a tune you just have to train your fingertips.
Beauty is in the ear of the listener.
And by the way, I agree, stealing is still stealing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deaconblue
posté mer. 16 janv. 2008, 04:36
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

QUOTE (jimdubpram @ Tue 15 Jan 2008, 17:07) *
Well I knew that would get y'all going.

So when your mate got the new Led Zep album and you had a spare C90 in your cassette player you sure as hell(or heaven) didn't go round and record it from his record player?

And by the way, I agree, stealing is still stealing.

I knew you were stirring the pot. well done... well played.

... 8-)

When the first Zep album I wanted came out, cassettes were just like computers. A thing of the future... 8-tracks were as close as it got and no one I knew had an 8 track recording deck...

But, yes. Copying an album to a cassette... I did for myself. Unfortunately I was the one who wanted the album enough to buy them, and the 8 track ... and then copy the LP to cassette for my car after I could afford both the cassette deck and the car stereo with a cassette in it. Purely portable.

However, slight difference, although only one of scale, since if I copied an album to cassette and handed it to a friend. It went one step. Again, time frame, no one had cassette duping decks then. Now, put it on your hard drive, launch Limewire or other p2p software, share it with thousands upon thousands of faceless IPs. And you know what? That cassette shared with a friend usually resulted in tickets to the concert for the both of us and the vinyl being purchased by the friend to play on their own turntable at home.

I hear the argument. And agree with it to an extent. The RIAA and the record labels decried cassettes when they came out as the end of the music industry. They were wrong. They cried the same thing when MP3s hit. They were wrong. MP3s and even file sharing have not hurt the industry. The industry's inability to adjust to the paradigm shift in the way people got their music is what has hurt the industry's bottom line.

That and offering up the same pabulum to the masses while ignoring true talent at every turn because instead of a label spending the time and money to nurture an artist, the majority of them now only look to how many units the artist can move 'this quarter'. Not long term. In the next 3 months. Because it has gotten to be a short term game.

I personally think that the way to go is to release albums as free MP3 downloads on the artists' sites (Darren Watson just did this with his "King Size" and Doyle Bramhall II did it with "Welcome" and Radiohaed just did it with "Rainbow" on a pay as much as you want, even free). Then sell a DVD with full liner notes, artwork, lyrics, special features, etc. The MP3s will drive the demand. The DVD will take care of the bottom line. And, hopefully, will provide a chance for artists that don't fit a specific mold to get their voice heard since labels wouldn't be risking as much to promote an artist by having their music available in a less than pristine iteration (anyone really think any MP3 or other 'lossless' format sounds great?) will drive demand for a good quality copy.

Besides, I'd much rather hear an artist's 8-10 best tracks for this round rather than 18 mediocre tracks cobbled together to meet some contractual obligation.

Only one thing more to say... ROCK ON! Be responsible. And, follow the golden rule (no, not 'he who has the gold makes the rules...', the other one...)

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- better   Mac Music Downloading?   dim. 13 janv. 2008, 12:16
- - deaconblue   So, first, you do realize that Limewire or any oth...   dim. 13 janv. 2008, 16:07
- - Mac Daddy   deaconblue {Posted Yesterday, 04:07 PM So, first...   lun. 14 janv. 2008, 05:54
- - jimdubpram   Seems to me that a lot of music industry people pu...   lun. 14 janv. 2008, 13:27
- - frosty   checkout ..drumbeat i have been with the for over ...   lun. 14 janv. 2008, 15:02
- - BoStar   QUOTE (better @ Sun 13 Jan 2008, 11:16) W...   lun. 14 janv. 2008, 17:41
- - mortalengines   This all depends on how picky you are as well. w...   mar. 15 janv. 2008, 01:40
- - Mac Daddy   jimdubpram {Seems to me that a lot of music indust...   mar. 15 janv. 2008, 07:56
|- - deaconblue   wow! QUOTE Seems to me that a lot of music in...   mar. 15 janv. 2008, 16:00
- - Mac Daddy   I really love 440... The Members are Creative ...   mer. 16 janv. 2008, 06:01
|- - jimdubpram   QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Wed 16 Jan 2008, 06:01...   mer. 16 janv. 2008, 22:01
- - Mac Daddy   http://www.waves.com/igtr/en/index.html Pocket-si...   mer. 16 janv. 2008, 11:00
- - mortalengines   My last two cents worth, I swear. People are will...   jeu. 17 janv. 2008, 00:54
|- - pushtobreak   The real argument stems with the concept of owners...   jeu. 17 janv. 2008, 04:36
- - Mac Daddy   jimdubpramgaragebandman, Thanks for the: http://w...   jeu. 17 janv. 2008, 06:31
- - Mac Daddy   pushtobreak. I've heard it before, although yo...   jeu. 17 janv. 2008, 07:13
|- - pushtobreak   Mac Daddy, It's quite funny, I was actually ar...   ven. 18 janv. 2008, 18:17
- - jimdubpram   Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQRYR5_H3cY ...   ven. 18 janv. 2008, 17:03
- - Mac Daddy   pushtobreak a Grammy Nomination... You da man fo s...   sam. 19 janv. 2008, 07:03
- - Mac Daddy   pushtobreak, one mo thang... In 1979 there was no ...   sam. 19 janv. 2008, 07:48
- - pushtobreak   Mac Daddy, Don't blame me. ...I hate what Amer...   dim. 20 janv. 2008, 09:00
- - Mac Daddy   pushtobreak Not only did I read your letter, I ha...   lun. 21 janv. 2008, 09:39
- - Mac Daddy   pushtobreak, you are 100% or as the kids say: ...   lun. 21 janv. 2008, 10:24
- - hahaworld   You know what sucks? Reading anti-American sermons...   lun. 21 janv. 2008, 22:21
|- - jimdubpram   QUOTE (hahaworld @ Mon 21 Jan 2008, 22:21...   mar. 22 janv. 2008, 00:55
- - Mac Daddy   hahaworld I apologize for such activities. Won...   mar. 22 janv. 2008, 07:58
- - Mac Daddy   jimdubpramgaragebandman I have been in touch with...   mar. 22 janv. 2008, 08:26
- - pushtobreak   OK...this has gone way off topic...though it has b...   mar. 22 janv. 2008, 18:01
- - hahaworld   Dear MacDaddy, So far, the MacPro they gave me as...   mer. 23 janv. 2008, 07:11
- - Mac Daddy   hahaworld I have missed seeing your name in the Po...   jeu. 24 janv. 2008, 06:07

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 23 juin 2024, 20:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008