MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Mac Mini Audio Trouble
JBeat
posté jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 16:31
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 févr. 05
Lieu : Gainesville - DE
Membre no 59,616

I'm a first-time Mac user, and first-time poster on this site. After spending way too many years fighting Windows PC's, I finally made the switch and picked up a $599 Mac Mini w/512MB of RAM. As I've heard many say before, I'll never go back, I'm already a Mac fanatic after two weeks! biggrin.gif I love everything about the Mac, especially Garageband, however, I'm getting a buzz when my speakers are plugged into the headphone jack. I've tried several sets of speakers, with the same result. If I keep the volume of the speakers very low, I can't hear the buzz, but I have to max out the Macs volume, and sometimes it's not quite loud enough. It's frustrating because I have a Creative 2.1 system with subwoofer, but I can't cut it loose on my tunes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
JBeat
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Vincent Online
posté lun. 7 févr. 2005, 23:37
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 11 nov. 04
Lieu : Malibu - US
Membre no 54,793

QUOTE (editbrain @ Feb 7 2005, 15:37)
you are way off base. if the problem did not exsits before the purchase of the mac. there should not be a ground loop now unless there is a power problem with the mini. i don't know were you keep getting this ground loop theory. it sounds like you read about it on another forum and want to use it to solve this persons problem, when in deed he has noise, but not a ground loop. are you saying that he has a ground loop between his headphones and his computer. since when do you plug headphones into a wall outlet?
it is good that your a pro musician, and probably have had some ground loop problems in your past, but this is a hardware problem with a computer. just because it is in a music forum does not mean that the issue has to be studio related. several other forum users have trouble shot this issue, and this ground loop thing has been ruled out as far as i can tell. do you want to help this guy or not?
i for one have had major issues with apple power supplies so i speak from experience. i have worked for apple fixing 15" and 12" powerbooks. i know the problems that arrise from there power issues.
i have had to have 4 G5's to replaced by apple. not because of ground loops, but because of power distribution problems with there crappy power supplies. ( i thought i mentioned this in another post)

anyway. can anyone please tell me the last time that someone had a ground loop between there headphones and a headphone jack?

thanks,

editbrain

While it seems that this may be a hardware problem with the mini, I've seen where something like a monitor, or a printer attached to a computer could be causing a ground loop... LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- JBeat   Mac Mini Audio Trouble   jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 16:31
- - Vincent Online   Sounds like a ground loop. One thing that may help...   jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 17:29
- - editbrain   hard to believe that he is getting ground loops fr...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 07:29
- - jannop   What Editbrain - are you kidding? Sounds exactly l...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 11:07
- - editbrain   you have to be kidding me.... if it wasn't ma...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 14:33
- - JBeat   Thanks for the response guys. I agree with editbr...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 14:46
- - ourmanflinty   One thing jbeat....the methodology in music system...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 15:29
- - editbrain   [QUOTEnot a click click brrrr or a squirt squirt c...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 16:04
- - JBeat   It's definitely a buzz. The Mac is right next...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 16:07
- - ourmanflinty   an lcd, ah well they don't cause noises so tha...   ven. 4 févr. 2005, 16:34
- - lepetitmartien   If it's a ground loop somewhere, the frequency...   sam. 5 févr. 2005, 01:22
- - JBeat   I had not thought to check if the buzz exists thru...   dim. 6 févr. 2005, 03:13
- - lepetitmartien   Yup, if it's on the headphones, it comes from ...   dim. 6 févr. 2005, 05:39
- - Vincent Online   QUOTE (JBeat @ Feb 6 2005, 02:13)I had not th...   dim. 6 févr. 2005, 08:21
- - JBeat   The Mini doesn't have an audio input, just a h...   dim. 6 févr. 2005, 20:57
- - jannop   OK, but I think the main reason to the question wa...   lun. 7 févr. 2005, 14:35
- - editbrain   you are way off base. if the problem did not exsi...   lun. 7 févr. 2005, 16:37
- - JBeat   It sounds like a power supply problem from the res...   lun. 7 févr. 2005, 22:58
- - editbrain   i agree. sorry did not mean to be so hasty, but i...   mar. 8 févr. 2005, 03:53
- - JBeat   No luck, guys. I tried moving the brick as far aw...   mar. 8 févr. 2005, 05:28
- - ourmanflinty   Do you have a test meter or an oscilloscope...you ...   mar. 8 févr. 2005, 15:25
- - editbrain   ourmanflinty, don't you think that it would b...   mar. 8 févr. 2005, 15:46
- - JBeat   The problem is resolved!! It didn't ...   jeu. 10 févr. 2005, 23:00
- - editbrain   very nice. i am glad that you did not have to do ...   ven. 11 févr. 2005, 06:25
- - ourmanflinty   wow bluetooth buzz that's a new one on me...   ven. 11 févr. 2005, 15:14

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 20 sept. 2024, 01:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008