MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Expanding To Audio, What setup?
Ambeintz
posté mar. 5 oct. 2004, 22:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 avril 04
Lieu : Liverpool - UK
Membre no 40,675

Hm,I've been playing around with MIDI and GarageBand for the past 6 months and ive really enjoyed it.But im a bit restless and I want something a little more competent,something that i can use for recording my sax as well as midi ...so basically a USB/FW soundcard and some kind of sequencer.Can anyone recommend anything? smile.gif

my current set up is:
iBook G3 600mhz,640MB ram
Emagic MT4 MIDI interface, a midi keyboard and garageband..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
macyu
posté ven. 8 oct. 2004, 10:53
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mai 03
Lieu : Irvine - US
Membre no 18,075

QUOTE (Riverdog @ Oct 6 2004, 01:28)
package to get into - Unfortunately - I've heard through "Grapevines" that Express will not control External MIDI Gear... (?) (Anyone??)...

Basically that was talking about this new "External Instruments" plugin that lets you set up your external midi synths so they apper as if they're plugins under logic. Express can still use midi. You just need to do the routing of sounds yourself. I think the new express is an awesome deal, especially if you can get your hands on educational discount.

In any case, the protools suggestion is also good because the interface seems good and the mbox package will get you the software and the audiointerface which the ibook lacks. The only caveat is that the mbox although I heard is good sounding, has latency issues. People also don't trust audio over USB, but thats another can of worms.... Good luck
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 25 juin 2024, 07:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008