MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Problems With Soundiver 3
kaboombahchuck
posté jeu. 18 juil. 2002, 12:51
Message #1

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I have soundiver running on an iMac 350 indigo using OS 9. Here is the problem, I get the probram to recognise my alesis nanosynth, recieves the data, loads library, the whole nine yards. Everythings works great! Killer program. Untill I quit, and put the computer into the sleep mode. When I go back to soundiver, it says that it is not recieving data from the nano, check midi cables, so on and so forth. No matter what I do, it is a no go.
If I restart the computer, start up soundiver, I can then reload the nano info and every thing is fine, untill I put the computer back to sleep. Any ideas what the problem is? Restarting the computer every time is a pain. sad.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Francois Déchery
posté jeu. 18 juil. 2002, 20:24
Message #2

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

it sound's like an USB midi interface problem instead of a SoundDiver problem.
I suspect that this is the same with any MIDI applications wink.gif

The problem is known: when the mac 'wake up' after sleeping , it just "loose" it's midi interface, most of the time

Solutions:
1) desactive energy saving ... (set to 'never') and you will never get into problems anymore

2) when your mac is wake up, be sure to be in the finder, unplug your USB cable (to the MIDI interface), wait a few seconds (10 sec), then plug-it again: the system should automatically relaunch the driver, and the MIDI will be back again.. Sometimes, and depending on your midi software, you may have to quit the midi applications first, then disconnect/reconnect, then start your software again..

You should be abble to avoid restarting your mac wink.gif

HTH

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 10 juin 2024, 22:01
- © MacMusic 1997-2008