MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> I Need Some Fresh Idea...!, Triple backward jump from LP6.4 to LP7.2
emgcarra
posté sam. 24 juin 2006, 16:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 mai 05
Lieu : Caracas - VE
Membre no 65,694

Hi everybody:
I really don´t know if there are any answer to this topic, because of his repetition or his nature...
I am tryng to survive the Up-Grade illness from LogicPro 6.4 to LogicPro 7.2, including Tiger 10.4.3
installation and change of interface....(from Digi 001 to a provisional M-Audio FW 410)...
And of course, there is where my troubles begin....After seven intents I could reach Tiger 10.4.3...OK
Then I started with Logic.....several more intents away and it was done....(no trouble-free...) But when try
to install the famous FW 410....I downloaded the proper driver (1.6) and proceeded...Then as told
in many forums and manual...Shut down, plug things in and then turn on the computer.....
But no, my beloved G4 2x800 couldn´t see the FW410, then I tryed into the other FW port.....error...!! G4 can´t see it....
Logic can´t see it either and so doesn´t see my MOTU Express 128 midi interface....
So, here I am, trying to figure out how to go ahead without selling the house in order to buy a not-so-new
G5 and/or look for a FW PCI card to replace what I thing are a couple of Dead FW Ports....
May be I´ll try to find a "day job" untill G6 came to the market...?
Any Ideas....? I will appreciate very much.........Thanks for reading...
Guillermo sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 9)
switte
posté sam. 24 juin 2006, 19:45
Message #2

Inscrit : 11 févr. 05
Lieu : - US
Membre no 60,280

I would check those firewire ports with another device before replacing them. I have a firewire 410 and it was very fussy in the beginning but after working the kinks out everything seems fine.

Try reinstalling the firewire 410 drivers and make sure you have the right drivers for the version of os x you have.

Also, are you getting power to the 410 through the firewire, is the blue light on the front on/off/blinking
if its totally off then its not seeing the computer at all, if its blinking then its either not communicating with the drivers or it is in low power mode (in that case you just press the on button)...

Hope some of this might help

+Quote Post
abekita
posté dim. 25 juin 2006, 10:19
Message #3

Inscrit : 19 juin 03
Lieu : Amsterdam - NL
Membre no 19,940

Try to run Disk Utility - Repaire Disk Permissions, in many cases it solvs a problem

+Quote Post
emgcarra
posté dim. 25 juin 2006, 21:28
Message #4

Membre no 65,694

Thanks you falks. I did the permissions trick and also the reinstalling drivers as you suggest.
But nothing happens. In the other hand, the blue light is indeed turned on but blinking, so there is
some AC going thru.....I just tryed to connect an ext FW HD and the results were similar...light but no
recognition, I mean: You can´t see their icon on the finder, on the display.
I have also ordered a PCI FW card to try to solve the lack of FW ports...Let´s see if that could help.
I have to thanks again for your time. Abekita / Switte...
I´ll keep trying everything and keeping you both informed.
blink.gif

P.S. What about the "blind" Motu Express 128, any ideas...??
Guillermo.-

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 26 juin 2006, 13:12
Message #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

First reset the motherboard, maybe the ports are "blocked":

- unplug everything save the mains
- touch the backplates of the PCI cards to remove static
- unplug mains
- open the computer and search for a tiny little button, it's sometimes near the lithium battery (G3) sometimes not (first G5), and I don't remember for G4.
- keep it press 20 seconds ONCE ONLY (pressing twice can fry the motherboard)
- while you're at it, unplug memory and cards and drives and replug them back in
- close and replug the whole stuff

Reset NVRAM/PRAM while you're at it, it's a good move to clear things further.

Hope this helps. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
emgcarra
posté lun. 26 juin 2006, 21:06
Message #6

Membre no 65,694

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mon 26 Jun 2006, 12:12) *
First reset the motherboard, maybe the ports are "blocked":

- unplug everything save the mains
- touch the backplates of the PCI cards to remove static
- unplug mains
- open the computer and search for a tiny little button, it's sometimes near the lithium battery (G3) sometimes not (first G5), and I don't remember for G4.
- keep it press 20 seconds ONCE ONLY (pressing twice can fry the motherboard)
- while you're at it, unplug memory and cards and drives and replug them back in
- close and replug the whole stuff

Reset NVRAM/PRAM while you're at it, it's a good move to clear things further.

Hope this helps. cool.gif

.....WOW !!! It looks frightening, but I will follow your lead and keep you up dated.
Thanks a lot

Ce message a été modifié par lepetitmartien - mer. 28 juin 2006, 03:23.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mar. 27 juin 2006, 21:00
Message #7

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

First check under the bule a-ple menu/ About this mac/more info.

The system profiler has information about every piece of hardware and software on your machine.

If the device is not detected by the profiler chances are you have a hardware problem.

Check out the hardware test disk that came with your machine, it will check the Macs hardware and report back it's findings, it will let you know if you have problems with your Mac.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 28 juin 2006, 03:32
Message #8

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

QUOTE (emgcarra @ lun 26 jun 2006, 22:06) *
.....WOW !!! It looks frightening, but I will follow your lead and keep you up dated.

It looks like hairy geeky, but it's not that difficult, just do it calmly.

On the nvram reset, the procedure thru Open Firmware is given in my G5 thread. it's in fact dead simple but as you start to see the hairy side of things we don't have the habit to on macs, it looks difficult but is not definitely.
Thanks a lot

wink.gif

btw, I know I'm a geek laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
emgcarra
posté mer. 28 juin 2006, 19:24
Message #9

Membre no 65,694

Thanks to all you guys...!

- I guess I have a hardware problem, because of the blind FW ports...!?
- I am also waiting for a free afternoon in order to do the freaky reset indications...
I guess that I don´t have much to loose, at this time....
- Any news about the G6 or whatever is the name....??

This forum and site are the best all around....They are for normal people.... almost always...

Thanks again,

Guillermo.- :rolleyes

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 1 juil. 2006, 18:44
Message #10

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

QUOTE (emgcarra @ mer 28 jun 2006, 20:24) *
- I guess I have a hardware problem, because of the blind FW ports...!?
- I am also waiting for a free afternoon in order to do the freaky reset indications...
I guess that I don´t have much to loose, at this time....

The only way to know is to try, BTW, if you're doing this calmly there's no problem whatsoever to fear. also it's a simple fix if it's that only!
- Any news about the G6 or whatever is the name....??

Comin' this summer till october, only Steve knows. The first CPU candidates are available since monday but even better ones are coming from intel.

If you look at the SETI@Home top computers page, all the best are Quads save the top one for a little time now, which is a multiple cores computer (intel xeon woodcrest CPU). This last computer uses one of the candidate chips for our desktops.

This forum and site are the best all around....They are for normal people.... almost always...

Thanks again,

Our pleasure smile.gif (blushing for everyone here)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 16:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008