MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Latency & Buffer Issues--motu & G4, need settings help
cashmoney
posté mar. 21 févr. 2006, 21:17
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 févr. 06
Lieu : Lakeland - US
Membre no 77,203

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and this seemed like the closest area for the subject matter, so here goes...

I have an old G4 dual 450 mhz, running tiger. I use it exclusively for DP 4.6. The audio hardware is a motu 24i based off of the 324 card. I am having really bad latency issues when tracking. I have to go to hardware driver setup and take the buffer down to like 64 just to make it tolerable. When I mix, I have to go back and reset it to 1024. My machine has 2 gigs of ram (maxed out) and I'm using 2 hard disks (one system, one audio data). My machine has tracked all 24 simultaneously without any problems, but when I try to record one track while playing back as little as 4 previous tracks, it tells me that the operation has exceeded playback capability. I'm new to DP, motu, and macs...this was just my first step towards a halfway-decent DAW setup. Is there anything else I can do to fix the problem? Cuemix is not compatible with a 324 system under OS X. Is there anything I can do without spending more money right now?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 3)
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 22 févr. 2006, 01:23
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I think you should bounce a bit, it'll help. right now you ask the drive to read 24 tracks and write another one, it may be the limit in your case… unsure.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
cashmoney
posté mer. 22 févr. 2006, 05:42
Message #3

Inscrit : 21 févr. 06
Lieu : Lakeland - US
Membre no 77,203

it will have playback problems if I try to record one track even with as little as 3 or 4 existing tracks...it should be able to handle WELL beyond that load, right? I mean, that's with no plugins active or anything...just straight audio playback and record.

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mer. 22 févr. 2006, 14:08
Message #4

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

Yes, you should be able to handle well beyong that load. I had a huge latancy issue with the 828. I canot remeber how I got rid of it. Have you tried using AudioDesk 2.xx that came with the MOTU? Also running at 24 bit 96kHz may be a bit taxing.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 6 oct. 2024, 05:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008