MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Crashing On Tiger...
jhanna
posté sam. 20 sept. 2008, 09:07
Message #1

Groupe : Validating
Inscrit : 20 sept. 08
Lieu : UK
Membre no 103,653

Hi

I've got an IMac G5 with 2 gig Ram, been useing Logic 7.0 for a few years and never had any problems, i recently bought a MOTU 8 PRE and had to upgrade to OSX 10.4 in order to instal the MOTU software, since then i've had problems with the Logic crashing, when i'm in an arrangement, sometimes if i go to save the arr as a "save as" i can type in the new version name but when i hit return to save it it crashes, it does actually save the version (thankfully!) but its still not right, its a bug i guess that shouldnt be there....yesterday the Mac crashed twice fully and today its crashed Logic twice already..... does anyone know why this is happening? i dont want to upgrade to 7.2 or 8 yet as i dont want to have to reinstal all my extra plug ins and im half way through an important project and cant risk more problems.

Thanks
J
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté dim. 21 sept. 2008, 06:28
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

Never, ever, ever, ever change a "Working System" ever.

+Quote Post
delium
posté dim. 21 sept. 2008, 10:55
Message #3

Inscrit : 25 août 07
Lieu : Osny - FR
Membre no 94,189

huh.gif

bonjour ;
(je travaille sur Logic express 8)
(désolé si mon anglais est très approximatif )
as tu essayez de désactiver un à un les Plugin Audio units dans le gestionnaire "d'audio units"
(menu/préférences/gestionnaires audio units )

cordialement
jean luc
----------------------------
Translation test
hello;
(I work on Logic express 8)
(grieved if my English is very approximate)
have you try to deactivate one to one the Audio Plugin units in
the administrator "of audio units"
(menu/preferences/administrative audio units)

cordially John luc

+Quote Post
jhanna
posté dim. 21 sept. 2008, 11:00
Message #4

Membre no 103,653

Merci I'll try that....thanks for the tip.

and MAC DADDY- how is that helpful? or realistic? "never ever ever change a "working system" " right, so never ever ever buy a better audio interface? and never ever ever get a better sound quality from your studio..... if i took your advice i'd still be running an atari 1040 ste with cubase.

+Quote Post
ronaldl
posté dim. 21 sept. 2008, 14:06
Message #5

Inscrit : 22 févr. 03
Lieu : Old Orchard Beach - US
Membre no 12,933

I agree with delium. You've got a new interface AND a system upgrade . . . a good way to begin troubleshooting is to disable any third-party plugins or peripherals, and then start adding them one-by-one to see what happens (OR just deactivate the plugs one-by-one.) Next, check to see if you have any drivers that need updating. I know this is difficult when you're in the middle of a project but you need to do some basic detective work.

Also, you might want to double check Logic's save-to path (and if you're saving to an external drive I assume it's properly formatted?) Finally, it's a good general rule of thumb to repair disk permissions with Disk Utility after any software installs.

Ron

Ce message a été modifié par ronaldl - dim. 21 sept. 2008, 14:19.

+Quote Post
emgcarra
posté dim. 21 sept. 2008, 17:02
Message #6

Inscrit : 14 mai 05
Lieu : Caracas - VE
Membre no 65,694

Hi: I would like to add some cents to your question, but "ronaldi" is absolutely right, so please take his advice and do that awful but necessary job...It´s almost ever, a matter of updating drivers.... one by one... rolleyes.gif

Good luck

G

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté lun. 22 sept. 2008, 07:02
Message #7

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Ok...MacDaddy has a point...if it works and doesn't slow you down, don't mess with fixing it. However, there are times where you will want to get a new DAW upgrade or interface....OK that is fine. NEVER be an early adopter....that is probably what he should have said. I personally wouldn't have bought the first edition of the G5 or MacPro...that would have been insane....let the other technofetishists be the first kids on the block to be the real beta-beta testers (the beta testers who actually paid to be beta testers). Also, ALWAYS check system compatibility for all hardware before upgrading/updating DAWS, OS, or interfaces....unless, of course you are willing to go as long as 6 months before you can use that (or a new) version of "whatever-it-is" once the developers finally get their act together and are ready to share their "newest and greatest" wonder with the rest of the world.

MacDaddy speaks from experience......and you know what? Fat Boy Slim still uses an Atari 1040ST.....How does your stuff sound?

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - lun. 22 sept. 2008, 07:07.

+Quote Post
jhanna
posté lun. 22 sept. 2008, 09:32
Message #8

Membre no 103,653

"MacDaddy speaks from experience......and you know what? Fat Boy Slim still uses an Atari 1040ST.....How does your stuff sound?"

My stuff sounds totally different to FatBoy Slim , for a start he doesnt record a band full band , in fact i doubt he ever uses mic inputs and to honest if you beleive he still uses an Atari then youll beleive everything you read.....i doubt very much its anything more than a blast of nostalgia in his studio... and for the type of music he creates its hardly pushing the boundaries of technology, its just loops and samples....

Dont comment on something you don't even know about , it just makes you look really stupid.

Note to any further replies...... your advice is welcome but please will everyone stop telling me i shouldn't have upgraded my system or should have checked compatibilty ....I've been doing this for 17 years im not a novice, The MOTU 8 PRE states in the manual, it is compatible with OSX 10.3.9 or higher, however when you instal the disc its states it's only compatible with OSX 10.4 or higher.....

I've already had some really good help from a couple of members who have given non-judgmental advice on the information i have given and im going to run with that.

unless you have anything further to offer by way of help please dont bother.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté mar. 23 sept. 2008, 07:15
Message #9

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

"MacDaddy speaks from experience......and you know what? Fat Boy Slim still uses an Atari 1040ST.....How does your stuff sound?"

My stuff sounds totally different to FatBoy Slim , for a start he doesnt record a band full band , in fact i doubt he ever uses mic inputs and to honest if you beleive he still uses an Atari then youll beleive everything you read.....i doubt very much its anything more than a blast of nostalgia in his studio... and for the type of music he creates its hardly pushing the boundaries of technology, its just loops and samples....

Dont comment on something you don't even know about , it just makes you look really stupid.

Ok amigo....first of all...you get to live with the mess that YOU created...don't expect any sympathy from me or anyone else here on this forum... I really gotta note the genuine arrogance of several of your posts...you are so experienced and talented and yet...your rig is SO SCREWED....hmmm.......Oh... by the way...yes FBS does record individuals...he has kept up with the times...he just prefers to do all of his sequencing on the good ol' 1040......I wouldn't do it personally...but then again I wouldn't knock him or anyone else who still uses the stuff....

Are you implying somehow that what you are doing pushes the boundaries of technology? Well....it ain't working...did you push too hard? You can come back with something really cute and pithy to all of this but you know what?......My rig actually works....I am recording on it now....it sounds great.......once again....how does your stuff sound?

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
jhanna
posté mar. 23 sept. 2008, 09:45
Message #10

Membre no 103,653

i've reported you to the forum administrator, you clearly have anger issues.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 09:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008