MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peak Pro, global Plug to a whole project
Quetz
posté mar. 18 mars 2014, 13:06
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 mars 05
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 61,905

Hi,
I am using Peak Pro 5.2 (I know it is old...) and am trying to re-equalize a whole project with more than 30 songs. .

This is how I do, but I am apparently wrong somehow:

I import all the songs in the playlist,
the 30 songs appear in the Waveform View, as well as separate tracks (separate little windows actually) on my second monitor.

I activate 1 Plug-in, for example an EQ. (plug-ins/ Insert 1/ SSL EQ)
I exagerate the EQ treatment in order to clearly hear the process.

I can hear the difference using the plug or not using it by by-passing it, it works fine.

Whichever song in the playlist I listen to, the plug-in is activated and works as a global plug-in for the whole project. This is what I want.

But n I want to save it with the new EQ. :
I click on one of the songs in the separate little windows, song#1 for example and I try to save it with a different name (Song#1NEWEQ2014 for example) . i select the resolution16bits, 44.1 kHz, AIF,
It saves fine. Well ...apparently!
The new song appears fine in the Finder.

I listen to the new saved song, using iTunes for example: what I hear is the original file with no new EQ.

What is the step I missed?
Thank you for any help!!!
Best
Quetz rolleyes.gif

I also try to change the Vbox settings in the List View but nothing changes, whatever I do, the settings remains to "Off"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté mar. 18 mars 2014, 15:34
Message #2

Inscrit : 06 févr. 07
Lieu : Berkeley - US
Membre no 88,124

to finalize your plug in, from the Plug Ins menu, choose "bounce plug-ins".
the file will be processed. then Peak will ask if you'd like to disable or clear the plug-in. (or keep it active).
then save your file. the file now will play back in itunes or elsewhere with the eq settings 'rendered'.
good luck! i'm still using Peak now and then myself, though it's increasingly irritating as operating systems are updated. i miss Bias. dommage.

+Quote Post
Quetz
posté mar. 18 mars 2014, 16:17
Message #3

Inscrit : 07 mars 05
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 61,905

Thank you so much!!! Really helpful, I will try asap
Actually I am using the good old Bias Peak Pro 5.2 on an old Mac, works like a charm!
Best

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté mer. 19 mars 2014, 16:05
Message #4

Membre no 88,124

Peak is still the editor i reach for first. i've bought and use DSP Quattro, and a new one Triumph. but i like the ease and speed of Peak. i wonder if anyone else out there has a recommendation...?

+Quote Post
fractured
posté jeu. 20 mars 2014, 11:21
Message #5

Inscrit : 03 mai 11
Lieu : Cheverly - US
Membre no 117,651

QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Wed 19 Mar 2014, 11:05) *
Peak is still the editor i reach for first. i've bought and use DSP Quattro, and a new one Triumph. but i like the ease and speed of Peak. i wonder if anyone else out there has a recommendation...?

If you are looking for a current waveform editor, you could do a lot worse than SoundForge for Mac. Sony built it from scratch when they brought it over from Windows and it works very well. The interface is clean, and it comes with useful tool. There is an upgraded version that gives you spectral editing, but I don't have that. I've been using RX3, and RX2 before that.

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté jeu. 20 mars 2014, 16:21
Message #6

Membre no 88,124

@ fractured. thanks, i'll look at it.

+Quote Post
makwolven
posté ven. 21 mars 2014, 07:45
Message #7

Inscrit : 28 janv. 11
Lieu : Den Haag - NL
Membre no 116,721

I just had to slow down 4 audio files from a 144 bpm song to 126 bpm. I used Twisted Wave for Mac which also has a demo and an iPhone/iPad app. This software has gotten me out of a lot of jams and I can testify that it is fast with unlimited undo's. The quality of the 24 bit conversion was exceptional.

The developer is very responsive and this replaces Audacity and the others for me. I use Logic Pro X in a professional setting for my multitrack setup but for all other mastering/trimming, conversion, Twisted Wave is my preference.

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté ven. 21 mars 2014, 16:09
Message #8

Membre no 88,124

Twisted Wave looks great. i'll try the demo. thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 17:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008