Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uad-1 And Powercore Kind Of Dsp Cards Question
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > TC
SteveH
When using these DSP PCI cards, how does one load the effects? Do they show up as plug-ins in a sequencer's mixer/console? Are they as easy to load as a VST/AU type of plug?
azusa
They are loaded just like any plug ins.
I just bought one. It's great. smile.gif
But be aware the UAD-1 doesn't work with PCI graphic card (9600, G4 PCI), only AGP card.
I don't know about PowerCore card.

The other old one "Yamaha DSP Factory" works great with Cubase VST and PCI graphic card.
lepetitmartien
There has already been quite some talk on powercore and UAD-1 (use the search button), maybe a litlle update from actual users qould be of interest wink.gif biggrin.gif
SteveH
double post
SteveH
I did a search for Powercore Firewire but nothing comes up.

I was gratefully surprised biggrin.gif to see the Firewire version (though the 1U size seems a bit bulky).

Anyone here have the firewire model? Anyone buy one in the States or is this just a German release?
azusa
PowerCore Firewire hasn't been out yet.
It suppose to be out last month.
SteveH
thanks for that update. that might explain why I can't find much on it.

seems that UAD-1 doesn't have the OSX compatibility yet.
MrD.
Powercore only released their official OSX driver last week. ofcourse it is only supporting the plugs that come with the powercore andnot any third part plugs (like the sony EQ, the D-coder etc...)

But the powercore rocks, its an amazng card that the reverbs alone worth the asking price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.