Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motu 828mkii 'popping And Glitching'
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Audio, MIDI, DSP Cards and Interfaces, Controllers > MOTU
ziggyc7
I'm really hoping that someone can assist, because this has been driving me crazy.
Wondering what may be causing popping and clicking noises from the guitar/mic ins of my Motu 828mkii. Even with the unit 'standing alone', not hooked up to anything, the pops and glitches persist.
I've swapped out cables and instruments, tried resetting the 828, used contact cleaner, all to no avail.
Help Please!
lepetitmartien
What's the rest of the set up? Computer, OS, RAM, drives…

Have you bad mains? (if lamps have changes in intensity you can see it's a sign, if not, it could be still but at the ms/ns level) Have you tried somewhere else?
ziggyc7
QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mon 28 Sep 2009, 03:52) *
What's the rest of the set up? Computer, OS, RAM, drives…

Have you bad mains? (if lamps have changes in intensity you can see it's a sign, if not, it could be still but at the ms/ns level) Have you tried somewhere else?

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.
I have tried somewhere else, unfortunately with the same results.
As far as my set up i'm using a Macbook version 10.5, 1GB. 1.4.9 driver. The set up has been consistent, location etc. the problem came out of nowhere and the popping persists when the 828 and computer are disconnected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.