Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Requested With Midi Setup
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
srstucky
I have a Midiman MidiSport 2x2 USB interface, a Yamaha P50-M module, and a Peavey DPM-C8 Keyboard. The P50-M has only MIDI In and Out (no Through). I want to configure everything so that I can record and playback using a sequencer (i.e. Logic). Here's my current configuration:

DPM-C8 MIDI Out --> P50-M MIDI In
P50-M MIDI Out --> MidiSport MIDI In
MidiSport USB <--> Computer USB

This works fine for recording, but it does not allow me to play back from the sequencer (obviously, since there is nothing going back out from the MidiSport). So, I tried adding this to the configuration:

MidiSport MIDI Out --> DPM-C8 MIDI In

Now it plays back, but it creates an infinite loop and fills the MIDI buffer up so that I have to Panic or turn my devices off.

I know it can't be this difficult. I have tried every configuration I can think of, but I am apparently missing something. Can anyone help?
gdoubleyou
Turn local control off, on your keyboard.

You've created a midi loop, when you play a note on your keyboard it is being fed back to the midi in.

Also make sure that Oni mode(receives on all channels) is off.

Have the keyboards midi thru go to your modules midi in.

Then you should be able to select the midi channel you want to record with your sequencer.

tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.