Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gigastudio Vs Mach 5
440 Forums > English > Mac Music > Getting Started
Liberty
Hello you film scorers,

I need to expand into more GigaStudio units, to faster produce film scores, and I am seriously considering Mach 5 as an alternative, since I love OSX and am a Mac user since 87, and I still don't make it with all this PC Windows XP approach…

Has anyone done some comparison with both applications yet ?

Thanks a lot for sharing it.

liberty
dtmprod
QUOTE (Liberty @ Mon 8 Jan 2007, 06:59) *
Hello you film scorers,

I need to expand into more GigaStudio units, to faster produce film scores, and I am seriously considering Mach 5 as an alternative, since I love OSX and am a Mac user since 87, and I still don't make it with all this PC Windows XP approach…

Has anyone done some comparison with both applications yet ?

Thanks a lot for sharing it.

liberty

I have Mach 5 which is quite good. But if you're running large sessions, will probably have challenge of using multiple Macs. May I suggest that you check out the Receptor from Muse Research. It's a dedicated VST synth in a hardware box. They're currently selling multiple units designed for film composers. Apparently they're developing a way to run the new Giga software on these units as well. For more info, call the company itself. They're very willing to take time to talk to you.
gdoubleyou
Be aware that Tascam will be releasing a Mac version of the Giga VI pluggin, later this year.

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.