MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem To Import Apple Midi Config In Logicpro 7.
superlead
post Thu 30 Mar 2006, 15:16
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,233

hi,

i have a macintosh G4 867Mhz mono processor with mac os 10.4.3 and logic pro 7.2 but it seems logic doesn't import my apple midi setup in the environment.

when i start the logic assistant, it sees the apple audio config with my MOTU PCI424 card as well as the midi instruments in my apple midi setup (logic shows me the names ) but when i open logic, none of these instruments are available in the environment though the logic assistant says they should be available.

so i have to create each instrument individualy in the logic environment.

is it a bug or is it me ?

also, i noticed i have several small bugs since i updated from 10.4.2 / logic pro 7.1 to 10.4.3 / logic pro 7.2.

like some samples not read correctly in the exs 24 (they make clicks especialy kicks), or logic gets overload often and displays the system overload message when i just have 1 logic mono synth (esm) playing very few notes on 4 measures .
or i have midi interface bugs (it looses the connection whereas i never had this problem with my unitor 8 mk2 before ).
i had to trash logic pro preferences several times since i updated to 10.4.3/ logic 7.2
or some midi interface outputs don't react anymore...

any suggestions ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superlead
post Thu 30 Mar 2006, 16:47
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,233

ok,
i found why the environment wasn't imported, it seems that once the autoload is created without any apple midi setup made, then you can't import instruments even if you create an apple midi setup after and relauch the assistant.
you have to trash the autoload or remove it from the folder that logic uses and import the apple midi setup.

the problem is that all apple midi instruments are seen as multichannel instruments in logic's environment, even those which are setup as a one channel receiver instrument in the apple midi setup.

but that doesn't explain the other strange bugs i had
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 17:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008