MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Problems Recording W/ Keyboard In Reason
liquidh2o
post Sun 8 Dec 2002, 00:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,910

I bought a yamaha DGX-500 recently, as well as an emagic mt4 to handle the midi in/out to my mac. Setup was a breeze, and I have reason 2.0 setup right now to where i can actually hear the notes i'm playing on my keyboard through reason.

Problem is, when I go to record a track, and i'm playing notes through the keyboard, reason isn't recording what i play. I've tried going thru the different synthesizers and the same results.

I followed the instructions on the FAQ for Reason for setting up my keyboard to record, and still no luck.

My setup is as follows.

Dual Ghz Mirror Drive power mac
running os 10.2.2
Reason 2.01 (the .01 is the latest update i believe)
Emagic mt4
Yamaha DGX-500

also of note I only have the yamaha DGX-500 setup with only midi out to the mt4, but I believe that's all i should need since i'm not wanting to hear what i play thru the sequencers(in reason) on the keyboard, is this right or am i missing something?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, as all i can do right now is just listen to the pretty sounds my keyboard makes while routed thru the synths and sequencers, talk about frustrating!

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 23 May 2024, 08:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008