MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Reverb Plug-in?
huwwuh
posté jeu. 27 nov. 2003, 17:56
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 nov. 03
Lieu : Pacifica - US
Membre no 29,834

Can anyone tell me where to find a decent sounding reverb plug-in for AudioDesk? I don't have DP just AudioDesk and the stuff that comes with it sucks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cargoplex
posté jeu. 27 nov. 2003, 20:10
Message #2

Inscrit : 04 sept. 03
Lieu : Baltimore - US
Membre no 24,165

Hands down - Altiverb by Audio Ease. cool.gif

+Quote Post
huwwuh
posté ven. 28 nov. 2003, 17:44
Message #3

Membre no 29,834

Hey thanks for the tip but unfortunately the demo version of Altiverb does require Digital Performer and all I have is AudioDesk. Anyone know of a decent reverb that works with AudioDesk please let me know.

+Quote Post
jklimeck
posté ven. 28 nov. 2003, 21:29
Message #4

Rookie

Inscrit : 30 août 03
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 23,858

You asked for the best reverb plugin, this is Altiverb.

Audio Desk is lame, sorry to say, upgrade to DP 4 and get Altiverb, if you want the BEST as you say, stop being cheap and upgrade to DP 4 and buy Altiverb.

Or your original post should have said what real cheap, lame, free plugin can I can I get for Audio Desk.

PS, Sorry to be so salty and direct today, I'm in that kind of mood and have no patience with "Audio Hobbyists" who should know better, that this this industry "requires" one to spend money, good money.

(oh, yeah try Master Verb, but not as good as Altiverb)

later

+Quote Post
huwwuh
posté sam. 29 nov. 2003, 12:49
Message #5

Membre no 29,834

Hey Salty

FYI I don't use sequencers and I don't need MIDI so why buy DP? AudioDesk works just fine for me (all acoustic) It's not about money it's about compatability. Apparently my mistake was going with MOTU in the first place. My secind mistake was thinking that this was a friendly place to get some info.

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté sam. 29 nov. 2003, 16:06
Message #6

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

Hmm, way to go jklimeck. Spending money is no guarantee of anything. To use your Altiverb analogy, that plug-in effectively does away with the need for a £9,000 Sony hardware reverb device, so there you have the proof that greater expense doesn't automatically mean greater results.

Anyway, huwwuh, on the whole this is a fine place to come for helpful, friendly advice. One route you might like to look at would be Logic (any version - Silver, Gold or Platinum). Then you could add their new Space Designer convolution reverb, which is exactly what Altiverb is and sounds amazing.

It's almost guaranteed that my mentioning Space Designer will bring a thousand Altiverb fans down on me for even breathing its name and comparing it to the majesty of Altiverb, as they really seem to have a bee in their bonnets about Emagic bringing out the exact same product, but take it from me - Space Designer is fantastic and is probably the best reverb you can buy for your needs.

You need a decent Mac to run it properly, but with Logic's freeze function you can save CPU power. Forget AudioDesk - it's only as good as bundled software can ever be. MOTU really want you to upgrade to DP4.

I know switching apps is a real pain, but IMHO the cheapest route for you - requiring mainly audio and a drop-dead-gorgeous reverb plug-in - would be Logic Audio (the cheapest version, still very powerful) and then Space Designer.

Look out for the Big Box, too, which is Logic Audio plus a load of other software instruments. That's a good deal. On the other hand, if you bought Platinum, you could simply use the bundled PlatinumVerb that comes free and is pretty darn good. Platinum is about £500. Logic Audio Big Box is around £170; Space Designer is £440.

Alternatively, DR-Verb is a nice-sounding VST reverb, but I don't think you can use that with AudioDesk. You could use it with Logic, courtesy of fxpansion's VST to AU adapter.

Umm, any questions?

+Quote Post
jklimeck
posté sam. 29 nov. 2003, 17:40
Message #7

Rookie

Inscrit : 30 août 03
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 23,858

I do apologize, I must admit I was in a very bad mood yesterday.

I am actually a very nice, helpful person.

MOTU was not a mistake to go with, hardware wise it is the best value on the market today and the best quality for the money, and DP 4 is one of the best DAW's on the Mac, although DP 4 needs bug fix updates like yesterday.

My point should have been, DP is the standard and well Audio Desk is fine it does not and more than likely will never get the same respect DP will get, I doubt many pros are using Audio Desk in the same droves as DP.

And I don't believe Audio Desk is the exacty same thing as DP without midi, there are limitations, not only limited to, many plugins won't work or or not available.

But you do get what you pay for

Again, I do apologize to anyone I offended here and like I said am usually quite helpful in this forum and have been and have met some great people.

Emagic is pretty good, an good alternative to DP, BUT the GUI is Horrible, the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Now if Apple fixes/refines te GUI, perhaps to look and function somewhat like Final Cut Pro look and functions, that would be cool.

I do believe this Logic GUI overhall is underway at Apple as we speak.

Take care all

+Quote Post
pronkie5
posté ven. 2 janv. 2004, 14:42
Message #8

Inscrit : 02 janv. 04
Lieu : Hilversum - NL
Membre no 32,237

Am I missing something here? You run audiodesk (capable of running MAS plug ins) and you can't (!?) run altiverb....why not?

+Quote Post
Krakatau
posté dim. 4 janv. 2004, 15:36
Message #9

Inscrit : 13 juil. 02
Lieu : GENEVA - CH
Membre no 5,780

If you allow me...

Someone mentioned DRVerb, wish has an excellent quality/price ratio
At a similar qualita/price level i would recommand Ambiance that is easier to handle (or both !)

+Quote Post
newrigel
posté lun. 5 janv. 2004, 19:36
Message #10

Inscrit : 25 déc. 03
Lieu : Seattle - US
Membre no 31,796

QUOTE (huwwuh @ Nov 29 2003, 11:49)
Hey Salty

FYI I don't use sequencers and I don't need MIDI so why buy DP? AudioDesk works just fine for me (all acoustic) It's not about money it's about compatability.  Apparently my mistake was going with MOTU in the first place. My secind mistake was thinking that this was a friendly place to get some info.

Well... you'll be amaized @ how many ANALOG studios use MIDI to automate their signal processing to their tape machines via SMPTE! So just because your not using virtual instruments isnt the reason for not using MIDI.... He was pointing out the way to have a killer reverb with a rig and thats how its done... to me, he said the right thing... you buy a Cadillac you got a Cadillac... buy a Porche you got a Porche.... unfortunatly, it takes money in this game bro! Beleive me, you don't need the demo version.... by far the ALTIVERB'S THE KING FOR MACINTOSH ENVIRONMENT PROCESSES! Also, you better have an ALTIVEC processor ( G4 or greater ) on your rig or your out of luck with ALTIVERB... and get ready to have your processors peaked unless your using a dual G5! smile.gif

--------------------
Take Care,
The Harlinator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 25 sept. 2024, 12:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008