MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Soundcard For G4 Powerbook, any suggestions?
gamerkai
posté ven. 28 nov. 2003, 02:12
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 nov. 03
Lieu : Brooklyn - US
Membre no 29,868

I just recently purchased a G4 powerbook with superdrive.
I want to purchase Logic Platinum 6 and use it to record and sequence live tracks as well as some midi stuff. I will be using a Yamaha AW4416, Korg Triton, and live instruments and mics with the powerbook. Does anyone have a good suggestion for an affordable, yet professionally minded soundcard? huh.gif

Danke.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
midilance
posté ven. 28 nov. 2003, 23:02
Message #2

Inscrit : 31 oct. 03
Lieu : Bellevue - US
Membre no 27,938

I can see that you have bought nothing but high quality equipment. It would be a shame not to do the same with an audio interface. Your best bet, if you don't need more than 2 mics recording simultaneously would be a MotU 828 Mk II. If you need more they have several great options to choose from. I use two 828's with my setup, running everything into the inputs, thus not needing an external hardware mixer. Check out your options on the MotU web page under audio interfaces. They also have great midi interfaces too. Also, I have been using Digital Performer since it came out and Performer way before that. I would heartily recommend it over Logic Platinum.

+Quote Post
glide
posté sam. 29 nov. 2003, 16:23
Message #3

Inscrit : 29 nov. 03
Lieu : Bothell, WA - US
Membre no 29,936

Digidesign's MBox will allow you to use Pro Tools (along with Logic, DP, Cubase, etc.) whereas none of the non-Digidesign interfaces will allow you to use Pro Tools ever. I'd get the MBox. $450, 2 Focusrite mic pres, S/PDIF I/O, 24 bit/48K, Pro Tools LE software, pre-converter balanced insert for outboard gear, portable for laptop use, and latency-free monitoring. Can't go wrong with that value, considering that the software alone for Logic, Cubase, or DP are at least as much money, and don't come with hardware.

$0.02,
Jeff

--------------------
"We regret more the things we didn't do than the things we did."
-Huletts Sugars- Cape Town, South Africa, 1997

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 16 juin 2024, 21:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008