MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 
Jimbo
posté ven. 18 mai 2001, 05:52
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 mai 01
Membre no 640

Any ideas about useing two macs with Vision DSP.I would like my Powerbook 1400cs to handle the midi and the desktop(7300/200) to look after the audio .I have two standard midi interfaces.If thats not possible, can I sync them together using mmc?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
posté lun. 21 mai 2001, 15:25
Message #2

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

You can sync via MTC (even plus MMC) or using MidiBeatClock (this allow you to have one single master tempo)

Clock:
Enable MidiBeatClock sending on the audio computer, sync the tempo of the midi computer to external the midi beat clock: press play on the audio computer. it should work! wink.gif

MTC:
If you prefer using the MTC, send it from the audio mac. Enable receive, and sync in the midi mac. Set the same tempo on both computers. press play on the audio mac!

MMC is a remote protocol that will allow you to press play on the slave computer to trigger the play action on the master computer (which always SEND the MTC sync to the slave computer)

HTH

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
Jimbo
posté mar. 22 mai 2001, 00:47
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 mai 01
Membre no 640

Thanks for your reply Soif. So you think it best to let the audio mac handle all the timing / clock responsibilities? I was hoping the midi computer could do this, or is there latency issues to deal with.
I have been working with seq/audio combination software (vision 1.4->DSP) for the last 9 years and like many people have encountered never ending timing problems.I can build tight sequences and get them playing back from my powerbook,I'm just not sure about clocking them off my desktop it's just too unstable.Do you think I would be better off runing something like protools LE as my audio recorder?
james

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
posté mar. 22 mai 2001, 12:31
Message #4

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

The audio mac MUST be the master, because as a slave it would drift (except if you could resolve the World clock)

I'm not really used with Vision, but i would really advice you to use Protools (LE or Free depending on your hardware). It is rock solid, has no timing problem, and is really convenient to use.

Just try it, i'm sure you'll love it. smile.gif

BTW, PT also do MIDI now, and if you don't ask for high-end sophisticated functions like score editing, it should be enought, and still so convenient to be the only software you will ever need to use.

(sorry for my uggly english)

Best regards,

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 17 sept. 2024, 22:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008