MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> New Tascam Fw-1884 (all In One Unit), anyone seen this yet?
Synthetic
posté mer. 15 oct. 2003, 17:43
Message #1

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

clicky here to see pic and specs!

IMHO this looks like a very cool idea and I am looking forward to seeing some magazine reviews of this product wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
theseer
posté ven. 7 nov. 2003, 03:32
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 nov. 03
Lieu : Buena Park - US
Membre no 28,278

Last night after my forum post I played again with the FW1884. Had some major problems getting things to work. When I would play back my recording I got major hissing/distortion every 4 or 5 seconds. It sounded like the system was slurring during the recording. This was the most distressing problem.

This morning I was set to take the unit back and give up on Cubase after two years of using it. But changing settings and pushing buttons actually resolved most of the minor unit problems. AND, the hissing/distortion problem was resolved by putting my main recording file onto my main hard drive on my MAC and not using my stand alone Firewire drive.

As it turns out the recording worked great with no problems. So, I'm back to keeping the FW but still out on Cubase. Totally frustrated with their dongles and overprotection. I'm willing to pay but not get gouged to simply upgrade my legal copy. But I digress.

I was under the impression it was most beneficial to record using an external dedicated HD, but this problem was solved by using the internat HD. However I've had to take everything stored on the drive off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 04:37
- © 440 Forums 2011