MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Mac?, Mac for DAW
vijay
posté mar. 23 sept. 2003, 14:21
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 sept. 03
Lieu : Chennai - IN
Membre no 25,145

if im connecting a mixer like yamaha O2R can i get those tracks into mac via 828 so tat i can mix and add more plugins in the mac?if yes how many channel will 828 allow?im planned to buy a dual 1.25 G4 with 1 gb ram...is it a good choice?im pretty scared to go for a G5...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mer. 24 sept. 2003, 13:14
Message #12

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I don't blame you for holding off on the G5. So far I've heard nothing but good about them, still I think I'll give it a bit more time before jumping in! Yes, you will be able to connect a mixer into the 828. If I'm not mistaken the 828 will allow for 8 chanels. Of cource you will need to choose a program that will also handle the 8 chanels (should mention something about 8 bus capability). You may want to also concider getting a multi bus mixer, so that you can utilize the full cababilities of you setup. That is if you plan on recording up to 8 tracks at a time (simultainiously), if not it won't matter. The G4 you speek of should exceed any expectations you may have, coupled with the 1 gb ram there should be few road blocks (if any).

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
vijay
posté mer. 24 sept. 2003, 15:24
Message #13

Inscrit : 21 sept. 03
Lieu : Chennai - IN
Membre no 25,145

if i want to record more than 8 tracks simultaneously i cant do it rite?even if i have a digi002 and protools it is limited to 8 channel rite?will buying a dat and recording directly from the mixer and bringing the tracks from dat to mac will work?is this a good idea?coz im surely will be handling more than 8 simultaneous tracks tats why i want a mixer...but i also want it into my mac to mix with so gimme a suggestion...

+Quote Post
JeanB
posté ven. 31 oct. 2003, 07:00
Message #14

Inscrit : 31 oct. 03
Lieu : Anaheim - US
Membre no 27,883

I had to take out a loan to get my iMac 400 DV. It has a 10 gig hardrive and I upgraded the ram to 320. If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken out a larger loan and gotten a G4. I don't like all in ones to begin with. If the monitor goes bad, you are dead in the water. You have to take the stupid thing in and have the monitor replaced which is more expensive than getting a new monitor not to mention all that down time while waiting for repairs. If you get a tower, you can bip on down to a store, get a new monitor and be working again within an hour. (LOL, of course that is if you have the money and the store is close.) Also, if you know someone who has a spare monitor you can borrow it.

Also the iMacs are not as upgradable as the tower macs. It's dangerous to open the case if you don't know what you are doing.

Anyway, that is why my next mac will not be an all in one.

JeanB

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 22 oct. 2024, 18:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008