MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu Midi Express Xt, Logic 6 & Os9, Help!!!!
troubledclef
posté jeu. 4 sept. 2003, 02:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 sept. 03
Lieu : Scottsdale - US
Membre no 24,108

Well I just got my 'Big Box' with Logic Audio 6 in it. Have big hopes to be able to use the sample player and sequencer/digital audio recording capabilities of Logic, but not having much luck so far.

Firstly I was originally planning on using this setup with OSX, but I found that although Logic Audio 6 was provided for both OSX and OS9, the other products in the package were not. They only seem to work as VST instruments under OS9. That's ok. I can live with that.

But in the process of setting this all up, so my controller keyboard works, I found that in OSX it easily recognized my keyboard without any effort, but in OS9 although my keyboard is being recognized by Digital Performer without any problems, Logic Audio 6 doesn't seem to see my MOTU Midi Express XT USB interface, despite the fact that I have installed FreeMIDI, and all the drivers and other programs see it.

I guess my question is pretty simple - how the hell do you get Logic Audio 6 on OS9 to see a MOTU Midi Interface? My guess is that Logic is not FreeMIDI compliant. But if this is the case, what are my options here?

All help greatly appreciated.

Myles
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté ven. 5 sept. 2003, 21:54
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

hmm.... does DP4 require Freemidi? Can you use OMS with DP4? If so, I would switch to OMS for both apps. If DP4 will not use OMS... then you might want to make a new extension set in extension manager in OS9 and have setup for DP4 with Freemidi and the setup one for Logic that uses OMS. You will have to get and install OMS of course. You might even try installing both on same extension set but they may conflict and cause problems. That is only idea i have wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
troubledclef
posté ven. 5 sept. 2003, 21:58
Message #3

Inscrit : 04 sept. 03
Lieu : Scottsdale - US
Membre no 24,108

I got it working by moving everything over to OMS. Now all is well.

Thanks
Myles

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 4 juil. 2024, 18:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008