MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bss M-250's, SCAM Don't buy them!!!
boulou
posté ven. 4 juin 2004, 20:30
Message #21

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 juin 04
Lieu : Bristol - UK
Membre no 44,511

Hi,
I hope I had read this forum earlier, I got caugh by these guys today in Bristol (they're back in the uk apparently), it sounded like a good idea at the moment (and I should't have drunk so much yesterday).
Are they of any good at least? Do you know their real charactiristics ? I bet the 250 watts is a scamm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zenstalinist
posté lun. 14 juin 2004, 16:41
Message #22

Inscrit : 14 juin 04
Lieu : Thirsk - UK
Membre no 45,122

250 watts IS a scam... I've read numerous accounts of people opening those speakers to find that they could barely handle 15 watts RMS.

I just noticed one of these scams running on ebay... If the current price holds out, the buyer will pay about all they're worth.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5703799033&rd=1

Notice another indicator of fake statistics. 4-8 ohms... Either they're 4 or they're 8... The scam artist obviously doesn't understand how resistance and impedence work, as we all know, it is the amplifier '4-8 ohms' appears on, meaning it can handle that resistance... OF course,, they probably are 4-8 ohms... Somewhere in that range but it can't be guaranteed where!

IT should also be noted that the bass-enhancing feature some of these sepakers are sold with consists of a small cermaic capacitor... That's it. IMO it probably makes it worse.

I have a policy... Always research before purchase.

These guys give will appear all open and will let you investigate further because they know if they don't, you'll think there's something nonkosher about it. Whereas if they say 'see for yourself', then there's still a chance of you buying it even if you do, and you're more likely to just take their word for it once they offer this amount of glastnost.

I might consider advising you to contact Ebay whenever you see a speaker that is known to be a scam.

+Quote Post
scrypt
posté lun. 14 juin 2004, 21:33
Message #23

Inscrit : 14 déc. 03
Lieu : New York - US
Membre no 31,059

QUOTE (bristolguy @ Jan 22 2004, 19:18)
. . . I did find out that in America, certain individuals had been getting their own back. . . . Two people claimed to use their girlfriend as a decoy who pretended to be interested in the speakers, then stole the scammers' van.
There was also a report of one person who was actually stabbed by someone they had previously conned. . . .

As satisfying as those stories from America sound, I've never met anyone from my burg who'd have the moxie to leap into the front seat of someone else's van and drive off whistling. I'm not doubting your honesty or integrity in any way, but I do wonder about the source of the particulars.

Street scams are far more common in New York than men in vans with strangely unfamiliar speakers. Just the other day, two Jamaican men approached me, supposedly to sell a G4 titanium laptop for $400. They claimed to be willing to show me said laptop before taking my money and seemed extremely eager to accompany me to the bank. When one of them told me a story about "famous hackers" meeting once a week to devise schemes of massive G4 larceny, I had to excuse myself to go somewhere to chortle.

Other friends have bought, variously, blank DVDs packaged as bootlegs of LoTR and packaged telephones that turned out to be bricks in boxes. The real deals are to be had in places like Chinatown electronics stores, where consistent addresses guarantee that any transaction which takes place won't involve your salesperson skipping town. When it's time to beat h/e/i/r/m with a car antenna (to continue the stereotype of the violent American), you'll know where to find h/e/i/r/m.

Ce message a été modifié par scrypt - lun. 14 juin 2004, 21:34.

+Quote Post
marrakoost
posté ven. 9 juil. 2004, 13:55
Message #24

Inscrit : 09 juil. 04
Lieu : Leicester - UK
Membre no 46,598

just want to inform anyone that gets scammed that these speakers are now officially famous...

if you've ever played max payne 2, have a look around his apartment and you should see some familiar black towers biggrin.gif

i'd include a screenshot if i could...

£200, leicester, day of student loan arrival...

+Quote Post
angryfather
posté jeu. 16 sept. 2004, 23:11
Message #25

Inscrit : 16 sept. 04
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 51,141

The bastards appeared in Farnborough Hants yesterday and swindelled my son out of his hard earned summer savings. Same old story, guy in a white van etc. I hope that someone catches up with them one day and gives them what they deserve.

+Quote Post
londonboy
posté mar. 5 oct. 2004, 16:40
Message #26

Inscrit : 05 oct. 04
Lieu : Baldock - UK
Membre no 52,549

Likewise - just got done today in Norwich in the UK. Luckily i only offered £50 and they took it. Either way though i still got scamed and it hurts.

I think they are doing the University runs and preying on students.

eyes open everyone!! angry.gif

+Quote Post
MessyPup
posté jeu. 7 oct. 2004, 14:31
Message #27

Inscrit : 04 oct. 04
Membre no 52,443

I am also in Salford Uni, He stopped me on Seaford road (…from a white van…) but I only agreed to hand over the cash after I heard them hooked up to my stereo in my room. I paid £200 but up until I read this page I was very happy with them, now I can’t help not to feel conned. What really hurts is that I trusted this guy and he was tricking me all alone.

I’ve found a guy selling a set of BSS M-250 speakers at www.findit.co.uk
He said he bought an extra pair by accident when ordering from Audio Direct, he said he has a 2 Year Warranty Card as well, although I checked Audio Direct and I can’t find BSS M-250 for sale…

He also says that the speakers are recommended for use with a BSS Omnidrive loudspeaker management system or similar. I checked the link he included:

http://www.hhb.co.uk/hhb/uk/products/detail.asp?ID=314

I found 11 items system made by BSS, including a BSS Omnidrive loudspeaker management system, but no M-250.

I guess this guy has also been tricked by the white van and is trying to cover his losses but he said he bought them for £1300 (from Audio Direct) but will accept £900

Since there has been this idea of being conned I can’t get it out of my head that there is something wrong with the speakers.
Is there anyone out there that is actually happy with the quality of the speakers?

+Quote Post
sa77
posté dim. 10 oct. 2004, 14:23
Message #28

Inscrit : 10 oct. 04
Lieu : Stockholm - SE
Membre no 52,905

Hello everybody.
Im from Sweden, and i have a story to tell.
Last monday 4/10-2004, i was showing my car to a guy he wanted too buy it. And suddenly a car drove up to us, AND it was a White TRANSIT VAN, whit two people in it. The one who was driving spoke swedish pretty good, and he started to talk too us and explaining that they had loudspeakers to sell. he said that they brought them up from germany, too deliver to a company in Stockholm.Thay had a order for picking upp 6 pair of speakers, but when they had left, they saw that they had loaded the car whit 10 Pairs. Htey had all the pappers and i stamp from some german company. It semed to be correct .
It sounded very good and i thought that this was a very good deal, he said that 5 minutes before he had sold 2 pairs, for 8000 swedish kr. And i said that i couldent get so much money, He said what could i give then, half give me a offer he said. MMMMMMMM, i was getting suppisches, he was very keen too sell very fast. And hes friend was not saying anything, so i started to talk to his friend , he couldnt talk english, but german.Apperently he was from the company they had picked them up from.
The guy who was looking at my car wasn't so imprest by the way he was acting, so he said no and walkt away.
So thay was focused on me, get some monye and you can buy the last 2 pairs for 2500 swedish kr. It was a good deal i thought, and i called om my car phone, too check my account.
When i was checking , i said to the guy that i didn't have the monye. And i wanted to call a friend , if he could come and look at the speakers and bring some money, beucouse he is very good at this stuff.
Then i saw that he didn't liked that, so i said that i did'nt wont to buy.
He jumped in to the car and said it was my loos.
Yeh Yeh!! i glad today.
I talked to my friend, and we started to look for the speakers, and my friend did find this forum.
I can say that they have comed to Sweden to. The guys in the White Transit.

+Quote Post
fictionmusic
posté mar. 12 oct. 2004, 02:37
Message #29

Inscrit : 10 avril 04
Lieu : Ottawa - CA
Membre no 40,632

This whole thing is very weird. The same thing happened to me in Ottawa Ontario about 6 years ago. I don't remember the brand, but 2 guys in a van were going to sell me some speakers that the original purchaser had backed out of buying. I didn't like the looks of the guy who was trying to sell me the stuff so I declined. Good thing too apparently. I still believe in the motto
"if it's too good to be true, it isn't"

+Quote Post
sa77
posté mar. 12 oct. 2004, 09:19
Message #30

Inscrit : 10 oct. 04
Lieu : Stockholm - SE
Membre no 52,905

" fictionmusic"
Did the speakers name were ,LinerPhase , a friend of mine were offered to buy some speakers severly eyrs ago, and those was called Linerphase. those speakers were covered whit something looking like black felt.
This was in Sweden , stockholm.
Is it some body else who reccognise the namn LINERPHASE Speakers.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 15:38
- © 440 Forums 2011