MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tascam Us-122, Review of new USB device
rafisaar
posté mer. 17 déc. 2003, 08:16
Message #21

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 déc. 03
Lieu : Modiin - IL
Membre no 30,131

QUOTE (tas538cam @ Nov 29 2003, 21:37)
when I hit a note in the keyboard editor in cubase, the response when I have the tascam us-122 connected is quite long, and definitely longer than when I play on the soundcard of my laptop.

What laptop soundcard are you referring to?
Do you have a soundcard with MIDI on a laptop???

(I assume you're talking about MIDI because that's what you pointed out in your question).

Rafi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
harsh
posté jeu. 11 nov. 2004, 04:21
Message #22

Inscrit : 11 nov. 04
Lieu : Elizabethtown - US
Membre no 54,794

hey rick

i just bought a tascam us 122 and i'm using audacity. i have a mac and i just cant seem to get this thing to record. I have installed the drivers and have the tascam us 122 selected in the input options menu. Please help if you have any suggestions.

+Quote Post
socatevoli
posté ven. 15 juil. 2005, 03:10
Message #23

Inscrit : 15 juil. 05
Lieu : Scenery Hill - US
Membre no 67,796

i've had the us-122 for about a year in a half and i've used it on windwos and i couldnt be happier with it, recently i just switched to mac i have a powerbook g4 with osx the tascam hardware installed just fine tho cubasis didnt b/c of osx but i didnt really care b/c of garageband well now thats where im having trouble, i set the input in garageband to the us-122 and even messed with the output im not gettin a response from either,so i opened up the us-122 manager and im not getting a response from that either, yes my usb cord is plugged in and my input is a guitar, does somone know a secret that i dont to get this to work?

+Quote Post
woodenbird
posté mar. 30 août 2005, 23:25
Message #24

Inscrit : 30 août 05
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 69,357

hi,

i apologize in advance for the general naiveté of this post but cant seem to make much headway on my own. i'm a new mac user and just discovered this site. i have a g5 running tiger and i'm trying to use a tascam us 122 with logic pro 7. everything that has been said so far has been very helpful and i wonder if i might pose one further question.

how on earth do i get music to go into the computer via the tascam and out through the speakers connected to the computer? is this arrangement even possible or do i need to connect speakers to the direct out of the 122. if that is the case, do i make the 122 the default audio driver and have all sound (itunes, etc) go through it? and if so, is it okay to leave it plugged in and powered 24 hours a day?

i have tried every combination in the preferences tab to make the us122 the input device and the apple speakers the output but nothing works. i can record but only hear when i plug headphones into the 122. or i can record and then unclick the core audio enabled tab in logic to effectively turn off the us122 and restore regular speakers as out.

i understand the benefit of direct out to minimize latency and would like to do that.. so i guess what im asking is what is the best setup for a tascam using tiger and logic pro 7. and, if possible, what settings should i use?

sorry and thank you!

+Quote Post
banevt
posté mer. 31 août 2005, 01:16
Message #25

Inscrit : 06 nov. 03
Membre no 28,332

I don't have Logic Pro or Tiger but when I run Logic Express on Panther there is only one option for inputs and outputs in the audio driver menu. Either core audio or built in. Maybe there's a way to mix and match in's and out's but I just always assumed it was either or.

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté jeu. 1 sept. 2005, 16:26
Message #26

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

What about Audio MIDI Setup in the Utilities folder? You can set things up however you want there. I like to keep the AMS in my Dock, so you can do the old switcheroo any time.

This was done in Live 5 with a FireBox, not in Logic using a US-122, but I don't believe it matters what you're using - the AMS works the same way.

+Quote Post
woodenbird
posté jeu. 1 sept. 2005, 20:01
Message #27

Inscrit : 30 août 05
Membre no 69,357

yeah, tried the ams to no avail. not sure quite why.. when out is set to internal apple, nothing comes out. when set to tascam 122, sound comes out of 122. strange..?

+Quote Post
beauty_speed
posté jeu. 1 sept. 2005, 23:40
Message #28

Inscrit : 01 sept. 05
Lieu : Lisboa - PT
Membre no 69,455

hi everyone,

let me start by saying i´m very glad i found a forum with an updated,relevant, ongoing discussion of us-122...

excuse me if this strays off the discussion.

I own a us-122 which i have been using intensively with Cubase SX, Reason and Traktor DJ Studio with no problems or bugs whatsoever on a desktop PC.

I desperately need to buy my first laptop for live perfoming and a Mac seemed the obvious solution, especially because I could use the lower buffer setting of 128mb and get a latency so low I can actually get a decent result out of apps such as Guitar Rig played live. ( Correct me if this is too optimistic.)

My budget only allows me an ibook 1.42ghz, 1Gb RAM. This thread is somewhat alarming however: mac and us-122 don´t seem to mix well.

Has Tascam neglected Mac users in the past, are their products more pc-friendly, or is this a specific problem of the us-122 and I should just buy another interface (which I won´t anyway...)?

Thanks

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté ven. 2 sept. 2005, 17:24
Message #29

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

Woodenbird: I don't know what to tell you. I don't have a 122 to hand, so I can't check it out. Yeah, seems strange, though. Fooling around in AMS worked for my FireBox and my 828.

Beauty_speed: I think there are many satisfied Mac/122 owners. You may or may not prove to be one of them in time. No one can predict the future cool.gif

Got any friends with a Mac? Could you load your 122 Mac drivers up on it and test it? I didn't have any problems actually using the 122 on my G3 iBook, but I haven't had it for nearly two years now, so I can't speak for Tascam's current position regarding support for Macs and its whole US range of interfaces.

To be honest, the future of audio (on any platform) is FireWire (or at least USB 2.0). Interfaces are now so cheap and USB so slow in comparison, I wouldn't be surprised if Tascam were working on a new FireWire product. Or they might have abandoned the whole market altogether in the face of established, superior competition.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 20 mai 2024, 23:01
- © 440 Forums 2011