MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using A Powerbook Or Ibook Live, whos doing it, and how
ebuddy
posté ven. 11 juil. 2003, 13:58
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 11 juil. 03
Lieu : Omaha - US
Membre no 21,127

You guyz ROCK! But what's the deal with staffing? It seems to me no live musicians are needed. I'm kidding. I use Digital Performer 4.01 on a Titanium Powerbook using OSX Jaguar and appreciate the latest version of REASON. I love this stuff and only recently decided to look into Forums regarding Mac audio. It's amazing to me what I had to suffer through only to come here and read other posts that could've saved me hours of troubleshooting. angry.gif
Sometimes I'll just hit "tab" to see the REASON rack jump back and forth. Someone mentioned having to lug equipment, our setups certainly make quick work of that. I'm all over MIDI. I use an integrated TD-7 Roland kit with the new Roland V-session kit which creates a monstrous 18 peice drumkit with two sound modules daisy-chained. Even our guitarists will fire up their midi pickups and have at it. Though, there's no substitute for Digital Audio in it's rawest form! I like recording/manipulating Digital Audio as well. I use an Alesis QS7.1 with it's internal sounds, then turn all the way down when I want something different, crank Mac all the way up and use the Alesis to trigger the numerous sounds in REASON. I'd like to eventually get another board with hammer-action keys just for triggering external samplers/synths (i.e.REASON). PlasTree wanted more people to post so...here I am. I'm an old OPCODE StudioVision user (through a friend who was doing home studios before they were this popular) who was forced to upgrade to MOTU DP when OPCODE went bellie-up. I've been doing this ever since the Macintosh Quadra! I read one of the posts that sounded relatively complicated to me. He was talking about recording samples and assigning keys and such and I was wondering...Don't you have a poly-phonic keyboard? For example, on this cheap 'ol Alesis, I have hundreds of Presets which I can edit per song. (i.e. name a preset SONG TITLE HERE and have at it. at least 16 channels can be assigned to various sounds. You can play one channel, have DP4 playing another channel via pre-recorded track and it could sound like you've got 16 people playing keyboards if you wanted) Maybe I missed something. smile.gif Granted, I agree with PlasTree that it's no fun to realize that the musicians playing on stage really aren't playing on stage. smile.gif I don't play a lot live yet as I'm still trying to formulate a band, but I do a ton of recording in my home studio. This stuff has come a long, long way!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
megahurt
posté sam. 12 juil. 2003, 16:16
Message #12

Inscrit : 02 juil. 03
Lieu : Woodlyn - US
Membre no 20,595

any one have pics of the live rigs? id like to see whats doin.

+Quote Post
ebuddy
posté dim. 20 juil. 2003, 14:15
Message #13

Inscrit : 11 juil. 03
Lieu : Omaha - US
Membre no 21,127

Wow, I'd hate to post pictures of the studio before the arrival of my G5, but I'll get some up soon just to give all an idea of what I'm up to. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (6 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 04:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008