MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't Know Where To Start..., Software, Hardware, etc...
spyderweb84
posté lun. 16 juin 2003, 18:17
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 juin 03
Lieu : Naples - US
Membre no 19,753

I want to make rap beats on my mac, and I don't know where to start. Can anyone give me some advice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté lun. 16 juin 2003, 19:47
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

In order to best give you advice in this area, it would be nice to know a few things. Like do you know anything about music, use of midi devices, audio sequencing, ect. I'm going to assume that you don't have a clue, and give you this advice. Your best bet would be to use a program called ableton live. To find out more click HERE

I believe that there is a demo available, but I doubt if it has any rap beets on it... but it will give you an chance to see if that type of program will best suit your needs. Basically it is an acidized type of program that will allow you to make tracs, without having to know alot about music. I'm quite sure the full program will have anything you could possibly imagine needing. It is a bit complicated, but once you get the hang of it, you will be impressed.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
spyderweb84
posté lun. 16 juin 2003, 22:16
Message #3

Inscrit : 16 juin 03
Lieu : Naples - US
Membre no 19,753

Thanks man, I'm gonna check it out. Yeah, I pretty much know nothing.

I start Fullsail (www.fullsail.com) in August for recording arts, so I'm gonna learn.

+Quote Post
SteveH
posté mar. 17 juin 2003, 03:52
Message #4

Inscrit : 12 juin 03
Lieu : Henderson - US
Membre no 19,586

some other advice would be to take some music classes and even take up an instrument. you didn't say, but if you're also lacking in musical skills your music will communicate that very quickly. some basic music knowledge and ability goes a long way even though the computer can help out a lot.

and to avoid any arguments I'm not saying you have to read music and be Beethoven, I'm just saying learning how to carry a tune with your voice (i.e. singing on pitch) and banging out a consistent beat with your hands or drums sticks or whatever will help you a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 00:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008