MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exporting Files In Cubase Vst/32 5.0, Audiofiles of my projects
hmtjdj
posté dim. 15 juin 2003, 17:42
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 juin 03
Lieu : Oslo - NO
Membre no 19,105

Don't understand how I can export my projects into single audio files in Cubase vst/32 5.0. I'm using both audio and midi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté dim. 15 juin 2003, 18:06
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I'm no expert at cubase, but I do know if you want a final mix of your work, you are going to have to change the midi files to audio. After that the cubace folks will have to help you with the mixing (or combining) of your audio tracks. It is my understanding that cubase exports it audio files in it's own format, and must be converted to mp3 or AIFF. But I'm not too sure about that. unsure.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
e sparalesto
posté lun. 16 juin 2003, 11:52
Message #3

Inscrit : 14 déc. 02
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 10,079

nah kaboom you're all wrong...
1-you don't have to mix down the midi to make a final mix of audio+midi tracks
2-Cubase exports files as AIFF, WAVE or SD2 your choice... it has no own format for audio exporting...

simply got to file:export:audio files or click make file from the master window then be sure to select both audio+midi (+fx if you want your fx to be applied to the mix), select correct options (such as 44,1 or 48 kHz and so on), wait til it's processed, you're done....

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté lun. 16 juin 2003, 19:28
Message #4

Advanced Member

Membre no 2,003

Midi files are NOT audio files. In order to do a final mix down of of a song, the midi files have to be converted to an audio file... regargless of the program being used wink.gif In order to convert the midi file to an audio file, you simply arm an audio recording track, and record the midi performance comming from the midi controllable device (synth module, Quiktime midi sounds, drum machine, ect). Midi files are just data being sent to the midi controllable device, instructing that device which note to play, how long to play the note, how loud to play the note, which sound (instrument) is to be played, and other data to complete the desired sounds. Only when all of the desired audio tracks are completed can they be mixed down into 1 final track. Otherwise the best you can do is save it as a bundled file, which can only be used with that program, and can in no way be considered as a final AUDIO MIX! MIDI ID NOT AN AUDIO FILE. You can not add apples and oranges..it is illogical.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck

+Quote Post
e sparalesto
posté mar. 17 juin 2003, 00:28
Message #5

Membre no 10,079

nah nah nah wrong again kaboom... Cubase does it =P I feel sorry you don't know about it but it's like that =P =P
sure midi are not audio but cubase allow you to make an audio file from midi tracks+audio tracks without manually boucing one or more midi track... IN EXPLAINATION : no need to convert midi to audio then mix down your all song ! period. Again : make your mix, go to export audio files, check the midi box, choose you setttings, name your file, dadada you're done !

it always amaze me that beginning with pure conjectures and totally wrong presumptions people always end with assertions on things they admitted not knowing.

+Quote Post
e sparalesto
posté mar. 17 juin 2003, 00:34
Message #6

Membre no 10,079

oups i was assuming people had thrown away their old midi devices and now use VSTi ! it's all my fault ! i'm very sorry for that ! sure you're right speaking of external midi devices, just enable recording an audio track, mute all tracks but the midi one you want to have on your mix, plug that midi device into your sound input, launch record........
oh... and... sorry again kaboom... you were just half wrong ;P

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mar. 17 juin 2003, 02:01
Message #7

Advanced Member

Membre no 2,003

Actually I was not wrong at all... If you will notice I said " the cubace folks will have to help you with the mixing (or combining) of your audio tracks. It is my understanding that cubase exports it audio files in it's own format, and must be converted to mp3 or AIFF." The VSTi is the file I was refering to, which is Cubase exclusive. In fact you said "simply got to file:export:audio files or click make file from the master window then be sure to select both audio+midi (+fx if you want your fx to be applied to the mix), select correct options (such as 44,1 or 48 kHz and so on), wait til it's processed, you're done.... ". You have to ask Cubase to convert (midi VSTi) to the audio format prefered. wink.gif Very interesting conversation... I learned more about VSTi... and you learned that some of us old codgers still enjoy twisting nobs, and watching all the pretty blinking lights! laugh.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 22 sept. 2024, 11:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008