MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latency
offyerfox
posté jeu. 29 mai 2003, 19:57
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 29 mai 03
Lieu : Bolton - UK
Membre no 18,745

Hi there

ive just ordered a power mac G4 1gig with 256mb ram ive been writing music for ages i was wondering what kind of latency to expect from the mac when using Logic 6 as i don't think my pc sound card will run in the mac (its a Terratec DMX 6 Fire) will i have to get a soundcard with asio for the mac to play soft synths and keep audio & midi in time ect.

thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
posté ven. 30 mai 2003, 14:59
Message #2

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

on mac, if you use a good program like Logic, AUdio and midi will always be synced: buying a card doesnt change this wink.gif

Latency is another problem: it happens at various places:
- during monitoring of an audio input to the audio output (the largest one, depends of the card)
- MIDI has its on latency (long) , and you can add the midi interface latency (ususally ultra small)
- Soft synths have A LOT of lantecy (depends of the software, the host, and the CPU), but logic is able to compensate this during playback or when bouncing to audio)

Anyway, whatever audio interface (expect a TDM protools, or an interface able to monitor the input like the MBox) you will get audio monitoring latency.
Whatever SOftsynth you use, there wil be a layency when you play the keyboard (MIDI itself latency + interface latency + Software latency)

Latency is always a problem, but there are solutions to live with wink.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 22:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008