MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Guitar Into Macintosh, newbie getting started question
oreo
posté jeu. 3 avril 2003, 20:44
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 avril 03
Lieu : Lund - SE
Membre no 15,504

hi macmusicians

i have downloaded and installed PRO TOOLS free and the free version of AmpliTube... so now i want to hook up my electric guitar and start recording some stuff.

but i amn't quite sure if i need anything else to be honest..

i need to get started as quick as possible before the AmpliTube free stops working

i have a G4 Dual 450MHz 768MB (firewire,USB)

anybody that can help?
i live in sweden so if there are any Swedishtalking you can write in Swedish.. otherwise English will do fine

o.r.e.o

________________________________________________________________________________
________

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... i just discovered Kyur4ThIch similar topic. Hope you don't throw me out of this great forum now..

Ce message a été modifié par oreo - jeu. 3 avril 2003, 20:54.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
James1966
posté ven. 2 mai 2003, 10:22
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 mai 03
Lieu : Sedona - US
Membre no 17,131

rolleyes.gif I'm also getting into the idea of different toys for guitar(or GTR) into the MAC protools freeware version. Recently I lost the powersupply for my 4 track analog machine-AKA a scratch pad thats portable.this forced me to look again at my MAC.I realised I needed something useful but easy to set up.I looked around and found a GVOX Guitar pack that nobody wants.It is not made anyomore!Not supported either...GVOX has moved on to Metro and other cool stuff.I paid 50 dollars for it.And it's ok for me for now.Since I am running a old Powermac 6500/300 it's easy to configure and it's a nobrainer 4 me.
I plan to get a Midiman midisport once I have more knowledge of the G3/G4 Macs and upgrade to OS9/X system software. You may want to educate yourself about signal/noise and preamping and studio setup B4 you get anything.(No point in getting buyers remorse!) One thing is for sure the bigger the hard drive and more memory, generally, the better.especially if you plan to keep adding tracks.
A good place to start reading about MAC offline is the Recording 4 dummies book that came out recently.It is easy to follow,and if your new, or have a lot on your mind and love music it's a good thing to check out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 10 mai 2024, 11:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008