MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digi 001 And Mirrored Dual 867 Still Not Working
Funkster
posté mar. 18 mars 2003, 16:01
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 mars 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 14,591

Group: Members
Member No.: 14591

I was interested to read in various posts that people have corrected problems with their new mirrored dual 867 and Digi 001 by returning it for a replacement logic board. I did this but unfortunately still have an on-going, and very annoying, problem.

My G4 wouldn't boot at all (wouldn't turn on), to start with, with the Digi 001 connected to the card. I took it in for the required logic board replacement and it worked fine for about 4 hours. Then it froze ( was running Cubase VST and I-tunes at the time) and I had to restart it. At this point the mac returned to its pre-modification state: it wouldn't boot up at all with the Digi 001 attached.

Nobody, from the service centre to Applecare to the dealer, can explain this at all, and no one has heard of anyone with a similar problem. Their only suggestion is that the logic-board was faulty and I am now waiting for a second replacement logic-board to see if this helps.

Curiously, a few days later, the situation has changed . Now the mac will actually begin to boot-up with the Digi 001 attached, and the digi 001 power light comes on. However, when it gets to the point of loading the digi 001 extension, a message comes up saying something like "bus error, start without extensions". I suspected a software conflict, but have gone through all the usual solutions without success.

Just today, I spoke to a well-known audio-dealer here in London, and he said they had not bothered atall with this model of G4, because, although they were informed of the modification, they had heard it was "not very successful" . Great!!

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or is able to offer any help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mer. 19 mars 2003, 01:53
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

well you had mentioned you were running Cubase and Itunes at the same time... from my experiences with my Digi001 and my blue and white G3... I can't use any apps simultaneously that are accessing the DAE for sound output. Since this bad luck with with multiple sound apps... I now only run one app at a time. There may be a work around for this but I never looked into it. So this may be a part of the problem but I can't say for sure.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 2 oct. 2024, 03:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008