MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Powerbook G4
Junk Science
posté mar. 29 avril 2003, 09:58
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 29 avril 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 16,957

Hi All

I'm a newbie to this site but not to Music technology, and I would like a few opinions regarding Powerbooks.

Basically my G3 600 Mhz is straining to do what I want it to do now I'm becoming more 'advanced' with my compositions and I wanted to know how Powerbooks (800mhz +) rate for making music (I want to be mobile!)

I mainly use Reason2, Logic 5, recycle, Absynth, waveburner Pro and a bunch of VSTi's thru a USB 24/96 audio interface.

Obviously I'd love a 1gz superdrive, but failing that dream, what would keep me going for the next year or two?

Your advice is appreciated folks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté mer. 30 avril 2003, 11:42
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

If you really want a 1GHz SuperDrive, get one - I don't think anything else you bought would satisfy your lust. biggrin.gif

Otherwise, you're looking at an 867 12" or 15" PowerBook, or an older second-hand model. Anything over 800MHz is still pretty darn fast.

Single processor, though - how mobile do you need to be? You could buy a much faster dual-processor PowerMac for less money and still use your G3 for field recording. Then bring those files back to your PowerMac for the rest of the track.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 12 juin 2024, 14:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008