MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Gold 5.5 Drum Synths, Problems loading supplied samplers
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 00:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : St. Paul - US
Membre no 11,153

Hello, I am a newbie to midi.
I just recently bought Logic Gold 5.5 and the ES2 and an Oxygen 8. I am running both a 9.2 and a 10.2 system. I can get sounds from the ES2 and the other synths in both systems, but I can figure out the routing of the cables and the physical inputs and all the other things to get the drum machines loaded in the Environment. Do they go into the same channels that the ES2 and other synths go. I would think they would appear as options in the channels but I cant see them. The manual is a bit tricky and does not address the drum machines. I am in france and I think finding a copy of the book that soeone metioned would be hard to find. I could order it yes.
Any suggestions would be most welcomed.
Thanks
Thomas smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
formatj
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 01:32
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 09 juil. 02
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 5,658

What drum machines are you referring to?
Are you sure they are not environments created for external hardware?

+Quote Post
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 01:51
Message #3

Membre no 11,153

Hey thanks for the reply, I was just responding to another thread you responded to. I am refering to the drumpresets library found when I go to Import, into the Logic folder and then drumsets library. It opens a window that has 18 drum icons. This and the other things that appear to be synths part of logic, as they have the icons of the various instruments. This though only loads like this in 10.2

+Quote Post
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 01:55
Message #4

Membre no 11,153

yes though it does say that they are mapped instuments in the yellow HELP menu that puls down. So does this mean that I need to get a physical midi drum machine, and there is no internal drum machine/sequencer in Logic as I was somewhat lead to believe in the purchase.

+Quote Post
formatj
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 02:05
Message #5

Icône de groupe

Membre no 5,658

These are for external drum machines/sound modules. You will either need to buy an external drum machine/module or purchase a software drum VST(OS 9)/Audio unit (OS X) synth. If you purchase the EXS24 you can buy sample libraries with drum sounds or drum loops or there are a few free kits/loops available to download.

+Quote Post
formatj
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 02:08
Message #6

Icône de groupe

Membre no 5,658

P.S. If you were to buy an external drum machine/sound module you will need a MIDI interface.
I would recommend buying software though.

+Quote Post
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 02:10
Message #7

Membre no 11,153

I was affraid of that. I just dowloaded doggiebox, for OSX. I will lookinto the others you mentioned. And as for the other internal synths even like the Quicktime synths, bass/organ/violins etc 128 deal, those do not load unless the have a more specific soft driver/plugin.
Thanks for your help

+Quote Post
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 02:12
Message #8

Membre no 11,153

could I use the midi outs on the Oxygen 8, or are you saying something like the ederiol UA 5 or whateve it is?

+Quote Post
TThorpe
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 02:27
Message #9

Membre no 11,153

just one last thing to make sure. So the drums mapped and the midi instr/GM device that comes up when I click and hold on a Keystation series channel in the arrange colume, and also the audioinst channes. These can not be made to work without additional software. I know I am in a bit of denial, but tell me it aint so.
then thats it I am going to go back to scouring the web for drum samplers to work with logic. Does the native Instuments, oor is that a OMS/AISO/driver problem.
yes I have too many questions, if you know the name of the book for logic someone else mentioned that would be great.
Thanks again

+Quote Post
mellotron
posté mar. 28 janv. 2003, 03:03
Message #10

Rookie

Inscrit : 30 oct. 02
Lieu : Nashville - US
Membre no 8,890

this site is a good place to buy books about logic and some other software

www.pc-publishing.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 29 sept. 2024, 22:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008