MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fat Sound, Maximizing levels in a DJ mix
KarlBakker
posté mar. 4 févr. 2003, 18:09
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 janv. 03
Lieu : Chicago - US
Membre no 10,991

Synthetic,
Have you tried the Griffin PowerWave?
Looks like the EMI 2|6 but costs less.
Cheers
DJ Anton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 4 févr. 2003, 20:56
Message #12

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

nope... never seen that one... i would be cautious though... Griffin made the imic thing and I heard a few complaints about it and quality but it was only $40... sometimes I think you get what you pay for... but not always wink.gif

heck... I noticed that there are a few members that are using solely their mic input on their computer which to my amazement can work but I don't think quality is as good due to signal levels and such. I am a big fan of Crystal Method's Tweekend for its sound quality as much as the music... its got great dynamics and clarity. To get that sound... a person has to get the best signal possible into the 24bit audio 44.1khz format (CM used 16bit on first cd and then realized the difference when working in 24bit and thus new cd is 24bit according to Remix mag) and it helps to use qood quality analog to digital input devices... so I tend to look for quality first then price wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
KarlBakker
posté mer. 5 févr. 2003, 16:56
Message #13

Inscrit : 22 janv. 03
Lieu : Chicago - US
Membre no 10,991

Synthetic,
Thanks for the advice. Although I do not own a Crystal Method album, I am a real breaks lover - I DJ nuschoolbreaks and techouse around Chicago. My current CD recorder (Pioneer) is OK at converting from analogue to digital, but the recordings are straight to CD and therefore only 16 bit. Like many music nerds, I want better sound. So hopefully I can rig up my computer to do this and forget the CD recorder, although it is nice to have a stand alone machine with all the right controls and connections designed for recording sound.
Cheers
Karl

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 19 sept. 2024, 20:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008