MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mackie Hui Protocol, Anyone got a midi implementation chart for Mackie HUI protocol?
abcdaniel
posté lun. 7 janv. 2008, 14:02
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 juil. 03
Lieu : Malmö - SE
Membre no 22,159

Anyone got a midi implementation chart for Mackie HUI protocol? Been searching the internets like crazy (almost), but can´t find it specified anywhere.

It is weird that such a widely implemented protocol isn't to be found. Specifically I want to use it to control Pro Tools using the Korg padKONTROL native mode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
posté lun. 14 janv. 2008, 21:09
Message #2

Inscrit : 30 juil. 03
Lieu : Malmö - SE
Membre no 22,159

Ok, so I managed to reverse engineer a whole lot of the HUI without actually having access to one. Close to having a mean, cheap visual feedback channelstrip mixer. I'll release it for free when it's done.

What I really want to find out is what midi messages the function buttons are sending and the jog wheel too.

Anyone up for helping me out? I know there are probably a few people out there with a HUI or something that emulates one. A quick look at the midi stream, or send an unfiltered midistream to me as long as pressing function keys and ysing the jog wheel is in there. Personal message me or something. Woohooo!

+Quote Post
ZeeByeZon
posté ven. 15 févr. 2008, 09:36
Message #3

Inscrit : 05 déc. 07
Lieu : FR
Membre no 96,993

I'm interseted in this too. But I do not have any HUI hardware. I would like to control my 828mkII mixer with a BCR2000. Can you share the information you got so far, I could help to complete...

+Quote Post
mickblah
posté sam. 23 févr. 2008, 10:48
Message #4

Inscrit : 22 avril 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 16,583

Ive used http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ to track down what midi info is coming off my midi kit -

mick

QUOTE (ZeeByeZon @ Fri 15 Feb 2008, 08:36) *
I'm interseted in this too. But I do not have any HUI hardware. I would like to control my 828mkII mixer with a BCR2000. Can you share the information you got so far, I could help to complete...

+Quote Post
tommy96
posté ven. 19 mars 2010, 07:58
Message #5

Inscrit : 19 mars 10
Membre no 113,347

QUOTE (ZeeByeZon @ Fri 15 Feb 2008, 09:36) *

currently have a Pentium III 600 PC running Logic Audio Platinum, but do most of my sound editing on a Kurzweil K2000VP synth/sampler. I have a SCSI chain with a Sony SCSI CD-RW at one end, connected to an Adaptec SCSI card, then a Zip, and lastly my Kurzweil. Loading sounds and programmes from the Zip is never a problem, but using the CD-RW to load stuff off CD-ROM is flaky -- sometimes it works, but a lot of times it doesn't. (Both the Kurzweil and the PC hang.) Everything in the chain has a different ID, and the PC can see the Kurzweil on boot-up. However, when I run the diagnostic software that came with my Adaptec card, it lists all the SCSI devices except the Kurzweil. I've also tried taking the Zip drive out of the chain and connecting the K2000 directly, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bad idea to link the Kurzweil to the PC and expect them to live in harmony? Time to go out and buy an external SCSI CD-ROM?
-------------------------
mcse braindumps | mcts certification | microsoft certification | nace certification

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 29 mars 2024, 03:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008