MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic With Pro Tools Hd Hardware
AudioHitch
posté mer. 9 avril 2008, 08:47
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 avril 08
Lieu : Hull - UK
Membre no 100,225

Hi I'm currently running Pro Tools HD 7.3 with 2 96I/O's & Control 24 but recently got Logic Studio 8.
So far looking good!
However Logic can only see the first 8 inputs on on my Digidesign hardware. Is there any way of making logic see the other 24 channels?

Another thing is when i originally bought the Control 24, i got told i could use this with logic as well (limited). is this possible.

Any info would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy192
posté jeu. 10 avril 2008, 00:30
Message #2

Inscrit : 13 mars 07
Lieu : SE
Membre no 89,343

QUOTE (AudioHitch @ Wed 9 Apr 2008, 08:47) *
Hi I'm currently running Pro Tools HD 7.3 with 2 96I/O's & Control 24 but recently got Logic Studio 8.
So far looking good!
However Logic can only see the first 8 inputs on on my Digidesign hardware. Is there any way of making logic see the other 24 channels?

Another thing is when i originally bought the Control 24, i got told i could use this with logic as well (limited). is this possible.

Any info would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Everyone I know who's running logic 8 on HD have problems with a lot of things. It runs close to Ok when you just have the HD-rig and one interface and few plug-ins but when you add stuff you add problems.
I suggest that you check the compatibility docs and sheets on digi's site. You may have to upgrade Pro-Tools or downgrade Logic to make it work.
To get the most out of your rig and avoid problems is to run Pro-Tools as your main DAW software. You'll save a lot of time and keep your hair for a few years longer.

Cheers,

Andy

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
posté jeu. 10 avril 2008, 07:27
Message #3

Inscrit : 16 juil. 06
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 81,499

It sounds as if you're running Logic with the Digidesign Core Audio driver (the 1st page in Preferences > Audio). Core Audio support for ProTools HD & TDM systems is limited to 8 ins & outs. I have no idea why.

To use the full PT rig, you'll need to disable Core Audio and enable both DAE and HTDM in the preferences. This will allow you to create 2 types of audio track / audio instruments, DAE for ProTools plug-ins and instruments and HTDM for Logic stuff. You may also need to create a series of ESB audio objects in your environment. These little buggers pass the HTDM (Logic) audio to the DAE (ProTools) audio paths.

In theory Logic should be able to do most of this set-up for you. In the new session > produce dialogue box there's a tab for creating a project using ProTools hardware.

One issue that I've encountered with this set-up is that its pretty hard to move from a Core Audio session to a DAE / HTDM one, and vice versa.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
AudioHitch
posté jeu. 10 avril 2008, 09:10
Message #4

Inscrit : 09 avril 08
Lieu : Hull - UK
Membre no 100,225

Cheers guys

Just been checking out some logic notes and apparently I need to use Pro Tools HD 7.4 software before i can then use the DAE with logic 8

Anyway, I would just keep with PT but since we're a educational establishment, we can't just stick to one program. need to learn others too. However I decided to get logic for since we gone to Mac's and try to ween people off Cubase (I Hate Cubase with a passion angry.gif )

But for the time Being Our Main Programs are:
Pro Tools 7.3, Sibelius 5.1, Cubase 4, Logic 8

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 8 mai 2024, 14:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008