MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Can You Tell The Difference?, The difference between a 120 Kbps and a 320Kbps MP3
mortalengines
posté ven. 4 avril 2008, 23:45
Message #1

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Ok this is a fun exercise. Go here:

www.mp3ornot.com/

and post back whether or not you got the answer correct.

Personally, I got it wrong. Then again, I HAVE been wearing headphones, playing loud guitars, and swinging a hammer for years. The forum that I found this link on had postings from guys who SWEAR they can tell the difference. I think they are full of beans.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - ven. 4 avril 2008, 23:45.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Mac Daddy
posté sam. 9 août 2008, 06:30
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

" ... I can usually tell a lower quality mp3 from the cymbals in a rock song (they get kind of "smear-y") or what sometimes can only be called a certain "graininess" of the mid highs or highs. ..."

Mister, you have much better ears than I ... good show!

Now that's funny, but it's true... Sound Engineer's, Manipulator's & many people hear things we "normal one's" don't.

I find that I don't play or feel music the way I once did, "Reckless"! Now I am so calculating about levels, compression, frequencies, effects, etc., by time I'm ready to perform the "Feeling" is gone. Too much technical/mathematical equations and/or equipment etc. What did musicians, real ones do before the invent of Computers and Software/Hardware? They played music we are trying to recreate!

But, hat's off to all you "Big Eared" people.

BTW I have been very impressed with reading about all the 440 Forum Member's with new Macintosh Gear. Especially, the Intel Group. Are you mostly Laptop User's? Is the music mostly "Sample, Loop's N Thangs" or are any using G5's Quads etc? I'm still using a Dual 2GHz G5. I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. It still looks and runs as good as the day I first turned it on. I would say without doubt, the G5 has been my best purchase EVER. Of ANYTHING. It does everything, plus, it is so kind and generous regarding saving everything "Perfectly", every time! Perhaps one day when I have enough to buy a NEW System, I will always keep my present system, I will try the New Intel Badd Ass G5 or whatever the next Monster is called. If it's anything like my current model, I will be head over heels in love...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 16 mai 2024, 18:38
- © 440 Forums 2011