MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Fargen Amplifiers, Anyone checked these out in a recording environment?
deaconblue
posté jeu. 14 févr. 2008, 06:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

Hey Fellow Forum Members,

A buddy of mine recently pointed me to Fargen amplifiers, for recording in a small to medium studio setting. The Plexi II is a .5 to 12 watt (yep, that is one half) all tube amplifier that has some good tone.

I was curious if anyone has checked these out in a studio or other recording environment. The sound clips sound pretty good, but I was hoping to hear some feedback on real world experience with the amps and their tone.

If these can give a really good, high out put sound at low SPLs then I am thinking I might not have to worry about waking the neighbors any longer when I am trying to get a true tube tone without the DI -> amp simulator signal chain. Plus it might be a good choice to use to re-amp as well.

As always, thanks in advance.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
mortalengines
posté dim. 17 févr. 2008, 05:58
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

You'll like the Epiphone Valve Junior.....it is stupid cheap and if you go on Ebay there are mods that you can purchase to make the lil' buggers sound even better. Play around with the tone and volume knobs on the guitar and you will be surprised. If you decide to get the Epi amp head and cabinet, you may want to go online and see about getting a Blackheart (I took a chance on the basis of a couple of user reviews online) amp head: trust me, it will be a well spent 130 bucks. Make sure you have a good fuzz box with either one though. For what it's worth the amp hum on both are very bearable.

Oh...and THD also has a 30watt class A amp head with a built in "hot plate attenuator" (so you can get some killer high gain sounds without destroying your ears or getting evicted) in addition to a "dummy load" in the output (so you can plug it right into a mixer or your interface).....very drool worthy and I understand that the head sounds like the best of a Plexi, Twin and AC30 without the noise. Hmmmm.....I am trying to figure out what to sell to scrape together the 1500 bucks necessary for this one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 10 mai 2024, 02:57
- © 440 Forums 2011