MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Refuse User/2?, Still Reason freezes with reFuse
zeze
posté mar. 8 oct. 2002, 09:26
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 août 02
Lieu : IT
Membre no 6,502

Thank you Mr T. for your replay,

I tried what you suggest, gave Reason the minimun memory and to reFuse 60000K ram, I also tried what Leigh Marble told me to do but Reasons still freezes at splash screen.
here is my setup: Mac 9600/G4-450/640MB RAM (MacOs 9.1), ProTools 5.1.3 (d24), Reason 2, reFuse demo.
I tried to rewire Reason with Cubase and it works just fine.
maybe some extension could be the culprit?

please help me, I'm tired of trial&error

thanx
zeze
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté mar. 8 oct. 2002, 12:11
Message #2

SuperHero

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,244

Hi Zeze, sorry it didn't work out. Meanwhile could you avoid creating a new thread for each new post... the board could quickly become a real mess and people passing by won't be able to help you if they don't get the "full picture... So let me copy-paste our original dicussion (I'll erase that one if you don't mind):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I'm new to this good board;
I am a Pro Tools 24 user and I'm interessed in Leigh Marble reFuse. I downloaded the demo version and configured it as the manual suggests but when I launch Reason it freezes on the splash screen.
Any idea?
thanks
zeze
;¬)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried reducing Reason's memory to almost nothing?... When running in "Refuse mode", Refuse takes over and thus, memory should be allocated to it not to Reason.
Also, have you tried emailing Leigh?... The guy has a solution for every trouble and is a role model in term of tech. support (he generally replies a few hours later)...
Keep us posted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I don't have a precise idea of what's going wrong with your setup. I would try to narrow down the problem. One way to do that would be to try opening PT and Reason only (don't forget to first set Reason to the Mac Soundmanager Out to avoid getting the "Hardware already in use by another app" message). See what happens. If everything is fine, you'll know it doesn't come from extensions conflict between PT and Reason. Not a BIG help I know, just a starting point...
I have a setup that's similar to yours and it works fine. The only difference between our set ups is the D24...It's kinda old...have you checked with Leigh that the D24 is supported?...
When using Reason in Rewire mode along with Cubase, do you also use the D24?...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 18 sept. 2024, 04:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008