MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Soft Do I Need: Midi And Sampler
Dakke
posté ven. 30 nov. 2007, 21:36
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 nov. 07
Membre no 96,873

Hi,

I'm not a technical guy on this, but I would think that this shouldn't be all too difficult. I've searched the net, but did not find what I needed, which is:

1. I need to play samples
2. record them as midi
3. done.

So, as far as I understand it i would need: a sampler where I load the samples. A midi sequencer which records the samples I play (as in 'not signing, but really playing them').
It needs to be open source / freeware.
Multiplatform would even be better, or at least a way to export the midi recordings.

The sampler does not need to be a complicated one, nor stuffed with a lot of effects. A simple one where I can load a few samples would do just fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté sam. 1 déc. 2007, 08:11
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Have you tried:

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/search.php

there are several sample players and a couple of sequencer programs....you may need to get a freeware sequencer that you can open up the sample player as a plug in. There is also:

www.kvraudio.com

good luck!

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
Dakke
posté sam. 1 déc. 2007, 08:32
Message #3

Inscrit : 30 nov. 07
Membre no 96,873

Yes I tried both websites.

Yet, I get lost in it all. Despite those sites, I still don't know which one to choose. And yes, I already tried a lot of those but still those do not match my needs.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté dim. 2 déc. 2007, 06:01
Message #4

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Very seldom will you find the ultimate answer to what your needs are.....particularly when you are talking about freeware. Hell, you will probably get somewhat frustrated with most of the midi sequencers that are a part of DAWs like Logic and Cubase. That's just the way it is at first. Whatever you find out there, you probably find a way to make it work if you plug away at it enought. The thing you DON'T want to happen is that you don't get any music made because you are missing that ONE thing that will make your music making experience perfect. That is something I found myself guilty of in the past. Just find something that is fairly intuitive in a sequencer that allows you to open up VST or AU plug ins and then find a VST or AU sampler program that seems to work for you and try to have fun with it at first. Maybe don't even try to write your Magnum Opus for a little while until you are comfortable and it will come in good time. If the Freeware stuff doesn't make it for you then go ahead and see about buying Reason, Ableton Live, Digital Performer or Logic that all have great sequencing and some instruments thrown in as well.

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - dim. 2 déc. 2007, 06:03.

+Quote Post
fishboisfo
posté dim. 2 déc. 2007, 14:52
Message #5

Inscrit : 10 juil. 05
Lieu : San Francisco - US
Membre no 67,641

What you want is Ableton Live. What Live is though is not is free or cheap. I kinda got lost there when You initially said you wanted to record samples as midi, as MIDI usually comes first in the chain. Good Luck

Ce message a été modifié par fishboisfo - dim. 2 déc. 2007, 14:53.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté lun. 3 déc. 2007, 10:03
Message #6

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

mortalengines

{Very seldom will you find the ultimate answer to what your needs are.....particularly when you are talking about freeware. Hell, you will probably get somewhat frustrated with most of the midi sequencers that are a part of DAWs}

mortalengines... Amen, amen, amen.

I can't believe how many people want something for nothing with the goal of then turning it around and making a profit selling stolen music. I can always tell the sound of "Free" or "Stolen" it all sounds like crap and it should, it is heartless, souless and empty. Karma... Impossible to bring good results from bad.

Musicians work, practice, save and sacrifice to create music and then some "Talent Free" thief comes and steals it... "Mac Ain't Like Dat".

I dislike "Amp Hum". I hate "Thieves"... "Stealing hearts is OK".

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 14 mai 2024, 00:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008