MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oxygen 8 And Macbook Comunication Problem, cant get midi signal into macbook intel core 2 duo (os 10.4.10)
mordekai
posté mar. 4 déc. 2007, 01:42
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 29 oct. 07
Membre no 96,190

i dont know about that combination. I have a macbook (with tiger) and an oxygen8 and they dont work together. (the m-audio guys told me that i need to get a usb powered hub for me to check if it works, but that it probably wont work either....)

tip: go to the store with your computer along and check if it works with that midi, as macdady said, dont buy before you are completely sure that your hardware will work fine.

peace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mar. 4 déc. 2007, 19:58
Message #12

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

M-Audio replaced two Oxygen 8's for me, it's a common thing for their USB to fail.

In the system Profiler check to see if it shows up as an unidentified device. If it does your Oxygen 8s USB is fried.

When the third one failed I switched to the O2, no problems so far, but allways power it down when not using it.

My problems occured allways after i allowed my Powerbook to sleep.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
mordekai
posté mer. 5 déc. 2007, 18:31
Message #13

Membre no 96,190

its a little weird because the oxygen is recognized as a "Keystation Series" by the mac's "Audio MIDI Setup", even more, inside Ableton Live i can see the oxygen 8 active and all, but no MIDI signals are generated, i.e. the "MIDI in" indicator does not lite up.
Weird uh?

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté jeu. 6 déc. 2007, 10:14
Message #14

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

mordekai, you're still having this problem? Just take your oxygen 8 to the store where you purchased it, or a store who sells them.

I have been seeing your problem Posted for 2-3 weeks? Just take your laptop, oxygen 8 and all the power cords, (If you have a powerboard take that along, shops are more helpful when you walk in with certain things ready... They don't like to have to get on the floor and unplug for a customer... Go when the store opens. Take Donuts...

+Quote Post
mordekai
posté mer. 5 mars 2008, 03:40
Message #15

Membre no 96,190

hi, just to report that i "solved" my prob. notice the quotation marks. what i had to do is buy a new midi controller (m-audio again,. because it was cheap) and this one does work. apparently old m-audio keyboards don't work with new computers..

so my new setup is m-audio oxygen 61 and the same software.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
posté mer. 5 mars 2008, 06:04
Message #16

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 10 févr. 06
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 76,633

mordekai... Congratulatioons. Wow, that took several months. Glad you have a happy ending. I know you will be turning MIDI into Magic and Money. Only goes to prove: "Never change a working system". I did not heed this advice once and it cost me time and money. I still have several expensive pieces of Software taking up six GB of HD Memory doing Zero Output... A Homer Simpson "Doh"!

M-Audio Oxygen 61 is a decent Controller. True it is inexpensive but in the hands of a competent musician it can do everything and more than an expensive Controller can do in the hands of a novice... Rock on mordekai...

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté mer. 5 mars 2008, 07:02
Message #17

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Glad to hear it....Have fun!

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - mer. 5 mars 2008, 07:04.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 17:12
- © MacMusic 1997-2008