MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digital Performer, How can I stop the jitters?
deleted
posté lun. 7 oct. 2002, 22:35
Message #11

SuperHero

Groupe : Banned
Inscrit : 24 févr. 02
Membre no 3,562

QUOTE (egbdf @ Oct 6 2002, 17:59)
The info I am getting from this board is excellent! I have a SCSI card in my G4 667 but I have a scanner hooked to it - and it's not an "accelerated' SCSI card.

Well, this board is made for that: helping each other, freely, happily, etc. :-)
What's your SCSI card's properties? Maybe you could use it with an external SCSI hard-drive too, a fast one, preferably. So much comfort.

and I have increased the audio buffer to 1024 - this seems to have made an improvement (I do notice a little latency when I "play" into a track with this setting (and when the midi tracks play back the timing is not as "tight" as I'd like it to be).  Is the solution here to just advance the midi tracks a bit?

Once again, as Levon pointed out (damned, he's fast!), just try to decrease this setting to 512, at least, and set your MIDI/Audio delay with the sample project coming with the DP install disk (VERY important setting!). Then, you're done ;-)
BTW, this has nothing to do with monitoring through a mixing board (avoiding any latency side effects, with a plugin or not).

Also, what are your feelings about an external firewire drive (of at least 7200 rpms)

The faster, the better, IMHO... SCSI first (no CPU usage), if you can afford it, then Fast-IDE (different partition from the system, or even better, another IDE bus (ie n2)). Then Firewire, in last resort (ie, you're using a powerbook).
I'm using a 120Go "Ice" Firewire hard drive right now, no problems so far, but there's always a doubt, i don't know why (newfound? superstition?).

Sorry for the lack of vocabulary, and possible misunderstoods.

Bye.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 4 juil. 2024, 00:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008