MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem Recording In Reason
seecule
posté lun. 3 juil. 2006, 15:27
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 juil. 06
Membre no 81,135

I recently started using an M-Audio Axiom for use with my macbook. All the sounds are playing properly but I can't get anything to record when I use the Axiom in record mode. It's driving me insane. This is why I bought the Axiom in the first place.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cloak99
posté lun. 3 juil. 2006, 18:03
Message #2

Membre no 81,145

You haven't given enough information regarding where you are having the problem.

Is it the transport controls on the Axiom? Did you set up the record function on the Axiom keyboard or did you use the generic controller setting in Reason with the learn function? Reasons' learn functions are in my experience very good and quick to set up. Unfortunately they are not global settings and disappear when you open a new project. You can of course set up a new song and use that as a template with the Axiom transport buttons assigned.

On the other hand, Axiom contains its own bank of presets. Many of the reason modules are mapped. M-Audio for some reason did explain this in the manual. You can see what presets are already programmed if you download the Enigma program from M-audio. Did you do this already? The mapping program shows you what banks are preset on the Axiom. It should have been included in the box. If you haven't downloaded Enigma, go to the m-audio site and get it.

These are the two normal options for recording midi input to Reason. If you're having a different problem, you need to be specific in your post.

Now I haven't been able to the the Loop function in Reason to respond to the Axiom loop button, so if you figure this out, I'd appreciate anything you learn.

+Quote Post
monkeyboy23
posté lun. 3 juil. 2006, 18:09
Message #3

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 74,134

Make sure that both the transports record button and the tracks midi icon are lit... next to the tracks name on the left make sure it has the little red circle and the little keyboard displayed. It should record then. So, if you want to record the Subtractor, press record in the transport, click to the left of the subtractor's name in the sequencer, and press play. When you say it plays I'm assuming you press the keys and hear sounds, not that you can hear the demo song.

Ce message a été modifié par monkeyboy23 - lun. 3 juil. 2006, 18:10.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mer. 5 juil. 2006, 18:10
Message #4

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Are you aware that Reason doesn't record audio? You will need another app for that.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
seecule
posté sam. 8 juil. 2006, 17:33
Message #5

Membre no 81,135

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Wed 5 Jul 2006, 18:10) *
Are you aware that Reason doesn't record audio? You will need another app for that.

cool.gif

Fully aware. The problem is that it isn't recording anything at all. I downloaded enigma and it didn't help at all. I'm returning the Axiom 25 for an Axiom 49 next week. I'll deal with the problem then.

+Quote Post
aportman
posté dim. 9 juil. 2006, 05:11
Message #6

Rookie

Inscrit : 13 nov. 05
Lieu : League City - US
Membre no 72,457

I know you probably have done this already, but make sure that everything is plugged in and turned on when boot up your computer. If I just randomly plug my m-audio devices in, with reason already up and running, the majority of the time, it will recognize the signal coming from reason, but will not allow me to record nor can I here the audio coming from reason. Also, even though, everything is new, make sure that drivers are most current on both reason and m-audio.Things are advancing so fast, that many times the drivers are already out of date by the time they are purchased. I recently had this problem with UAD-1 plug-ins. It sounds like you have probably have done all of these things, but there are many times that these no brainer steps have fixed my problems. Good luck!

Allen

+Quote Post
remi2611
posté mer. 4 avril 2007, 17:04
Message #7

Inscrit : 04 avril 07
Membre no 90,011

I have the same problem with my axiom and reason... did you found the issue concerning this ?

Please inform me !

Remi
msn : remi2611[-at-]hotmail.com

+Quote Post
ruczaj
posté lun. 14 mai 2007, 21:51
Message #8

Inscrit : 24 févr. 04
Lieu : Poznan - PL
Membre no 36,766

Mind the correct order: 1. start up midi keyboard 2 then Reason.
Do not do it contrary, otherwise Reason will not react your keyboard.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 18 sept. 2024, 10:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008