MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Just Bought A Macbook...
darcyb62
posté lun. 12 mars 2007, 16:00
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 févr. 05
Lieu : Regina - CA
Membre no 59,724

I've been debating for a while on whether or not I should jump ship on the PC platform> I went shopping on the weekend and ended up with a 2 gHz MacBook. I was looking on the Windows side but I wasn't prepared to go the Vista route and there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of hardware left with XP preloaded, so I decided to bite the bullet and go Mac.

Now I need to decide what to do on the DAW side. With Windows I had been using Tracktion but as of late I had doing more and more with a product called Podium. Boot camp will keep me going for a while here but I do want to make a full transition to the Mac.

I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this so I am looking at the following:

Tracktion 3 Ultimate Bundle
Logic Express
Cubase Studio 4

I've looked at Ableton Live on the Windows side and could never get into so I'm not considering it. Am I overlooking anything?

It's also looking like I have to abandon my favorite drum program (Jamstix) so I am curious as to what some lower cost options might be in this area.

I appreciate any feedback you might have...

Darcy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
apachateca
posté lun. 12 mars 2007, 18:04
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 févr. 07
Lieu : Billings - US
Membre no 88,357

congratulations- you'll love it...it'll take a bit to get used to mac- macs come with garageband which is just great for laying down stuff quick- good for writing ideas and fleshing them out later on- logic is good, and you can import all your garageband songs and it will be nice and neat...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 15 mai 2024, 03:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008